Highlighted
N/A

blue ray player

how do i hook up my blue ray player

7 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: blue ray player

The most simple is with an HDMI cable straight to the TV, assuming all devices have HDMI. We need to know your setup before we can accurately tell you the right way to hook it up.

1)  What model blu-ray?

2) What model TV?

3) Is the connection going straight to the TV or do you want it to go through a surround sound receiver first?

N/A

it is a vizio tv model  d39hn-eo,and a sony blue ray model bdp-s380 46...............i use to have it hooked up and it worked fine but i moved and i forgot how to hook it back up....

Established Sharer

HDMI out on blu-ray player to HDMI in on the TV. Use the TV remote's Input button to switch between the cable box and the blu-ray player.

N/A

thank you so much

Expert

[ Edited ]

if you have a sound bar it needs to go to the connector marked ARC otherwise the bluray sound won't be routed there... blueray and cable box goes to a non ARC port

Established Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

if you have a sound bar it needs to go to the connector marked ARC otherwise the bluray sound won't be routed there... blueray and cable box goes to a non ARC port

If one were to use the ARC function for a soundbar or receiver, would you not just connect all devices to the TV, then connect the ARC HDMI from the TV to the ARC HDMI on the soundbar/receiver?

Expert

The D series Vizio's HDMI connectors vary in quantity and function depending on screen size. But all only have one HDMI ARC port and on the small sets it's also the only HDMI port. I think a 39 has 3 hdmi ports but only one has ARC output functionality. The 24 only has a single port and it's a pita .

If there's no sound bar or audio routed to a receiver, there shouldn't be a problem.

Also if connectors are interchanged, you may need to reset the tv to factory default and with all devices connected, go thru setup again.

If any of the D series have the internet options and you got the latest firmware upgrade, they seem to be castable via smartphone aps and seem to perform better than the E series sets which have a horrible remote. On any of the IP capable sets, we recommend an actual internet connection.

and don't use the wireless especially in an apartment situation, your tv may start playing stuff you don't want, lol.

IF CEC is enabled, there's a lot of other strange remote control functionality as well, some good some bad. One of the issues I've seen is turning off the TV also shuts off the dvr and prevents some from recording...

or turning off the cable box or blu ray turns off the tv as well.