Browser

Worldbox

does the world box have the capability to upconvert from 1080I to 4k??? i find it funny that los angeles didn't get these boxes but omaha did!!!

4 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: Worldbox

No, they have a max output of 1080p60 in its current configuration. I would have to believe the hardware to do 4K is onboard though as these boxes are to be the workhorses for spectrum for years to come.

Browser

that's better than what i have now wich is 1080I. it would be nice to have the 1080P since it looks close to 4k. i have a sony XBR77A1E OLED tv. and even 1080P upscaled looks awsome
Proven Sharer

Of course to upscale video programming from 1080p to 4K, you would first need a large library of program material that is being distributed in 1080p.   And you'll need that from at least a dozen content providers so you can assemble a reasonably priced multi-channel 4K package offering for your 4K subscribers. 

Observer

My old Cisco box started having problems and I was force upgraded into one of these new spectrum 201-t boxes. I dont know exactly what they changed internally with the hardware but I’ve tested 2 boxes and they have awful, sub 1080 picture quality.
Its somewhat subtle but all one has to do is look at the choppy letters in the menus and guide to see that something is wrong.
HD, especially in wide shots where resolution is important looks terrible!!! The color redition and handling of highlights is also bad. Its not quite “standard definition” bad but its not anywhere near how my old box looked.
I’m imagining theyve made millions of these boxes (manufactured by cisco) and are forcing them on their customers. Theres no clock on the front which is another clear attempt to save nickels. I really cant believe they are ruining the tv watching experinece for their customers! My apple tv still looks great and if they dont get it together they will be pushing me right over the edge into cutting the cord!
Has anyone else experienced or noticed this?