Not applicable

Worldbox 201 and Guide

My Guide keeps restarting on Spectrum 201. Says there is something happening and then it just looks like it’s loading. Any idea how to fix?

I also can’t see my Worldbox right in the Apps.
4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Worldbox 201 and Guide

@JungleIs101 wrote:
My Guide keeps restarting on Spectrum 201. Says there is something happening and then it just looks like it’s loading. Any idea how to fix?

I also can’t see my Worldbox right in the Apps.

Hello,

Where are you located?  City, State, and Zip.  Is this the New Spectrum Guide?  Some areas of Texas are the first markets for the New Spectrum Guide.  Guide restarts have been a known bug in that area with this particular guide.  By providing your location, our mod team can contact your division to investigate.

I have communicated with Spectrum employees on other forums that with the new Spectrum Guide, when the restart happens, there is still limited functionality that users can do with the guide.  It is not like the older guides where you have to wait for the whole guide to reboot.  Doubtful that this is a box issue,  This sounds like something in your area IF you are running the new Spectrum Guide.

However, if you have the Navigator Guide or I-Guide, this could be a box issue.  Was this World Box a self-install or a tech install?

Satch

Not applicable

Westminster, CA 92683 It's the Humax Worldbox 201. It's the new Spectrum Guide. I love the new interface, except when it has to keep resetting itself. You are correct, I can keep using, though I lose access to DVR functionality and OnDemand along with it. Can still change channels and scroll through the mini guide. It's hit or miss really. 

This was a tech install. They swapped out a first-gen Worldbox when setting up my gigabit Internet service, due to the old box introducing noise to the line. New Worldbox cleaned it up perfectly, so I'm hitting upwards of 950 MBPS now.

I've noticed that I'm not seeing my box on the Apps or on the Spectrum.net TV site. So, almost wondering if that might be part of the issue. Not sure.  DVR Device 3438B7AC9E3C does not show any of my scheduled recordings and I'm not able to schedule a recording to it from the App, Online, etc. Might that be a contributing factor? Maybe not completely provisioned? 

Trusted Helper

@JungleIs101 wrote:

Westminster, CA 92683 It's the Humax Worldbox 201. It's the new Spectrum Guide. I love the new interface, except when it has to keep resetting itself. You are correct, I can keep using, though I lose access to DVR functionality and OnDemand along with it. Can still change channels and scroll through the mini guide. It's hit or miss really. 

This was a tech install. They swapped out a first-gen Worldbox when setting up my gigabit Internet service, due to the old box introducing noise to the line. New Worldbox cleaned it up perfectly, so I'm hitting upwards of 950 MBPS now.

I've noticed that I'm not seeing my box on the Apps or on the Spectrum.net TV site. So, almost wondering if that might be part of the issue. Not sure.  DVR Device 3438B7AC9E3C does not show any of my scheduled recordings and I'm not able to schedule a recording to it from the App, Online, etc. Might that be a contributing factor? Maybe not completely provisioned? 

On all boxes,

It can take between 48-72 hours for them to be recognized by mobile applications and devices.  Caller ID on TV if you have Spectrum Voice service as well can take up to 24 hours to activate.  The rebooting is an issue with your  node.  Hopefully, that will get resolved.

Satch

Not applicable

It has been at least that long. So strange. My MLB Extra Innings isn’t showing on the box. Neither is EPIX. And, Apps are saying box is not compatible.