Newcomer

World box 2.0

Hi I’m I whitefield no reading about the new cable box that’s out or coming out called world box2.0nuttin on the forums which is weird but oks was wandering any one know when it will be available to get and I seen it will have a channel for Netflix integrated etc etc

8 REPLIES
Helper

Re: World box 2.0

Nothing has been announced...just a bunch of rumors. FYI the "Worldbox 2.0" has been discussed by Charter customers for several years.  The last rumor I saw was that it would resemble a stripped down version of Comcast's Xfinity box.

Newcomer

Ahh I seen it had been released I think certain markets but not sure hope somebody will shed some light on it I rather it then a plain old box that I have now

Trusted Helper

Guys,

What's the difference between World Box 1.0 that's out now and the forthcoming World Box 2.0?  One change with Workd Box is that there is no clock on the panel.  Everything comes off the server networks/guide.  It's totally cloud-based.

Some divisions are reporting problems with World Box.  If your  have an Arris, Cisco, or Samsung box, and its working for you, keep it as long as you can.  World Boxes are all four-tuners.  No six tuner DVR boxes like the Arris 3600 or the Cisco 9865.

Satch

Helper

2.0 was supposedly the all cloud based box, but now I think the only difference is the inclusion of Netflix, which i guess could be done on any box to make it similar to accessing On Demand.

Browser

Any updates on these boxes???

I was given one about a month ago. It never booted fully, so I returned it and had the same problem with the second. Had a technician come out and install a third one, which also wouldn't boot up. After an hour of testing cables, etc, he was told by another tech that there were some coding issues with some of the boxes which inhibit the boot up process.

Was curious if there were any that got theirs working. I understand they have four tuners and a larger hard drive. Was really hoping to have one of these for the World Cup, since there are so many games to record. Unfortunately it's too late, but looking to get one sooner than later.

Helper

@diagoro

What people call "WorldBox 2.0" is not the currently deployed boxes in the field now. Those are the Spectrum 101 and 201 models that are generally called "Worldbox 1.0."

Spectator

i had a tech tell me the world boxes are made by cisco and there pure rubbish and they are having alot of rebooting issues. i know i asked for one since they gave me a dual tuner dvr wich i laughed and told em thats so stone age Smiley Very Happy. but the tech who did replaced my boxes gave me an old whole home 6 tuner dvr yesturday wich those are hard to get from what i heard!!! well it was either that or i cut the cord

Spectator