Rookie

Why is it so hard to operate the remote AND why is the search feature often unavailable?

Okay, so I've had the DVR etc for 2 months.  Right away I noticed how difficult it was to operate the remote.  I mean, you have to push hard on the buttons to get the proper response (this is not easy for a disabled person).  My daughter seemed to think it would be a temporary problem...obviously, she was wrong.  I have to use all my **bleep** strength to fast forward, stop, search, etc.  It's really exhausting and I'm getting fed up with it considering I can only record two shows at a time (and even when I record shows, the DVR cuts off 2 minutes before the end of the shows).  Yeah, I know, you can set it to record a show for an additional 2 minutes or whatever.  The problem with that is then you can't record 2 shows during the next 30 minutes or you have to change the start times and end times, etc.  It's way too complicated and frustrating.  Then there's the issue of not being able to watch regular TV while you're recording shows.  But I digress...why is it so very hard for the remote to follow through with my commands?  Why do the buttons seem so stiff I have to use all my strength?  Also, why is the search feature often unavailable in the middle of the night? 

4 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Why is it so hard to operate the remote AND why is the search feature often unavailable?

Regarding the remote..If there is a Spectrum store near you it can be exchanged for a new one (or for a different model if they have any) with no charge.

Lead Moderator

Re: Why is it so hard to operate the remote AND why is the search feature often unavailable?

I am sorry you are having so much trouble. It may be a remote issue or, in my opinion, an issue with the DVR.  If you have unplugged the DVR and rebooted it by plugging it back in and you are still having the issue I would recommend swapping out the remote. If you still experience trouble I would encourage you to contact support directly to look into scheduling an appointment for you. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Thank you so much for your response.  You've been quite helpful.  Happy Holidays to you and yours!  Thanks again!

Browser

The other thing you might consider is swapping the two tuner DVR for the four tuner DVR.  When I signed up was given the choice.  The two tuner DVR has clock and channel on the front while the four tuner DVR only has light showing on/off.  At least with four tuner DVR you can record up to three programs and still watch live TV.