Rookie

What to do with the old remote

I no longer need the remote issued to me four years ago when my service was first set up.  I don't want to bring it to the local service center because they have lousy hours.  What should I do with it?  I don't remember, was there a deposit?  Should I just throw it out?  In advance, thanks for a response.

3 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: What to do with the old remote

JooolesM wrote:

I no longer need the remote issued to me four years ago when my service was first set up.  I don't want to bring it to the local service center because they have lousy hours.  What should I do with it?  I don't remember, was there a deposit?  Should I just throw it out?  In advance, thanks for a response.

Hello,

If the remote still works and you aren't charged for it, I would say keep it.  You never know when a remote that you are using could die.  All you would have to do would be to program it for a different TV if you got a new TV during the interim time that you did not use the remote.  Google search for the make and model of the remote of the remote to get the codes.  You can also get them from Spectrum's website here:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/program-your-remote.html

Satch

Browser

Don't diospose of it in your trash. Your local electronic store may have an e-waste program. Fry's Elecronics, Best Buy, may have a program. Contact them before you throw batteries, power supplies, and old electronics.
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Good afternoon!

Policy is to charge you for power cords/HDMI cords, component cables or remote controls that are not returned when the video equipment is turned in.  

Those should be turned in whenever there is a change of service/downgrade or disconnect.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums