Highlighted
Browser

Vizio VUR10 Remote

My VUR10 Remote worked perfectly with the Cable Box. Have the Technicolor 9865 rev 4.8 STB 'Scientific Atlanta?' box. A recient update broke the functionality of the remote. The yellow button used to access the DVR. Now when I press it I get TV Options: 1) Turn on closed captioning 2) Turn on SAP. The Menu button Takes me to settings. Exit button still works. Guide Button still works. The only way to get to the DVR is to turn the cable box off and back on then the Spectrum menu comes up an offers Watch TV, Guide, DVR... and I can select DVR.

There was a 'DVR' channel I could goto but, it seems to be gone from the guide. Called the support number but a nice lady in another country could only tell me 'I can only help you with the Spectrum Remote. Vizio told me my remote is programmed correctly and I need to contact Spectrum. Catch 22. It's always annoying when something works and the MFG 'fixes' something and breaks something else.

5 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Vizio VUR10 Remote

Does your Spectrum remote work the cable box and provide the missing function?

Helper

@UpAllNight wrote:

Called the support number but a nice lady in another country could only tell me 'I can only help you with the Spectrum Remote. Vizio told me my remote is programmed correctly and I need to contact Spectrum. Catch 22. It's always annoying when something works and the MFG 'fixes' something and breaks something else.

No doubt that you are annoyed, and I hate to tell you this, but Spectrum as no responsibility to ensure cross-compatibility with any devices other than it's own or any they officially support. Your Vizio universal remote is neither.

Browser

yes the specrtum remore works, have to pry it out of my Wifes hand LOL

Browser

yes   the specrtum remore works, have to pry it out of my Wifes hand LOL

Proven Sharer

@UpAllNight wrote:

yes   the specrtum remore works, have to pry it out of my Wifes hand LOL

Well, if your universal remote has a learing code, you can re-teach your universal remote the function that no longer works..