Browser

Vizio Soundbar

Just got the Vizio SB3821-D6. I can't get it to program to an AUX. Tried 991 method, all codes in the remote guide, from Vizio Web site. No luck. Sure there has to be a proper code to work. Need to hav Volume on my TWC control Soundbar volume, while the TV will still shut off when I hit TV Power. Any ideas on how to get this one to work. Nice soundbar and all, but frustrated in getting it to work.
7 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Vizio Soundbar

could you supply us with the remote model... probably the rc122, but could be any of a dozen, and the codes are likely different for each

Michael
Time Warner Cable/Charter/Spectrum
New England Division
Please be aware although I am a Spectrum/TWC Employee, My posts are my own perspectives and understandings. Not Official Statements of my employer.
Browser

RC122
Spectrum Employee

try the following,

press AUX and ok/sel until lights on remote blink twice

enter code 3479

lights on remote should blink 4 times

test vol+   vol- and mute

if this works, your remote should be able to control your device, the next step if this works is to put the remote in "cable commmand mode" by pressing cable, and testing the vol+ and vol- buttons again

if the AUX works but in CBL does not, you will need to program the remote to use AUX as the primary audio solution

Setting Volume Control

to Audio Device:

1.Press and hold OK/SEL and CBL

and until all device keys

blink twice.

2. Press 993 . The CBL light

key blinks twice.

3. Press the AUX  key. All device

keys blink three times.

at this point the AUX key should be programmed for the audio...assuming we have the correct code for the Vizio sound bar

Note: You can set Volume

Control back to TV. Follow the

same process as mentioned

above but just press the TV

key in Step 3.

Michael
New England Division
Please be aware although I am a Spectrum/TWC Employee, My posts are my own perspectives and understandings. Not Official Statements of my employer.
Spectrum Employee

you can also try the code 1230 for the AUX code

Michael
New England Division
Browser

I've tried that and can finally get the remote to do the volume on the soundbar. However, I then can't get the TV to turn on/off with  hitting TV then power (or through the all device power method). 

Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

what brand is the tv, needs to be reprogrammed under the TV setting, then we can program all devices to turn on and off using just the power button

Michael
New England Division
Expert

If your tv has ARC, ignore all the above.

Set up the TV's ARC  on the HDMI port the sound bar is plugged into and it will then be a slave to the TV's volume control