Highlighted
Rookie

The TV cable/HDMI "hub" that connects the TV to up to four sources seems to be the issue

There is a TV "hub" that the cable from the TV plugs into. This hub as I am calling it has four other ports for HDMI cables. I can plug the set top box into it for the cable TV signal. I also have a Roku device that I plug into this hub. At first, I could switch between one HDMI input and the other and go from Spectrum cable TV to the Roku device and back and either worked fine. Now, if I have both sources plugged in, it does not see a source on any of the HDMI inputs. If I have only one or the other, it sees it and it works. So, if I have only the cable TV plugged into the hub, it sees that connection/signal and it works fine. If I have only the Roku plugged into the hub, it sees that connection and works fine. It does not see either when I have both plugged in. Do I simply need a new hub? If so, where can I get hardware that will work for a replacement?

7 REPLIES
Expert

Re: The TV cable/HDMI "hub" that connects the TV to up to four sources seems to be the iss

What model is this supposed "hub"?

It's not...

Sounds like a switch.. you need to use seperate hdmi inputs on the TV If the tv is so old that it only has one, replace it...

Proven Sharer

Re: The TV cable/HDMI "hub" that connects the TV to up to four sources seems to be the iss

These days the "TV" could also be a video monitor, in which case it would not have multiple HDMI ports. 

Rookie

It's a Samsung device that came with the Samsung TV. It's a new TV. So replace this switch?

Rookie

This is the TV. It came with the Switch. Any particular make and model Switch to consider or to avoid?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T48CVYC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rookie

The Switch says it is a One Connect Mini. The one connect mini port and cable go to the TV. It has four HDMI ports.
Rookie

Turns out the TV simply needed a firmware update. All is well now. Thank you for your kind assistance everyone.
Expert

Samsung.. figgures... Hate them, always getting fw "updates" and mess up settings that worked...

Sounds like an HDCP or DRM issue they repaired