Seasoned Contributor

TV Show Titles in Foreign Language, No Cover Art

This is when watching live TV in Los Angeles, CA (90024), after pressing the Info key twice. For example, in this screen, “Person of Interest” is listed in Portuguese, as “Pessoa de Interesse.” Also in that same screen there is just an empty box where the show’s cover art should be. Upon further browsing of the Guide, that seems to be the only show title displayed in a foreign language. The missing cover art affects all shows.

I just noticed this early Sunday morning. Rebooting the box did not help.

Has anyone else noticed this?
5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: TV Show Titles in Foreign Language, No Cover Art

Hi  Joey,

In Brookfield Wisconsin, (53045) The Middle on the Freeform Channel was showing the Title in a Foreign language.  I made a post about this and thought it was fixed marking it as solved.  It was showing up that way in the Recording listings.  Than a couple days ago, it seemed to be fixed, but when I pressed the Info button, the title was in a foreign language again.  This is on the legacy TWC lineup, Navigator Guide ODN 8.0.  No problem with cover art.  Sometimes late at night when the server is not full capacity, cover art might be missing for some shows, but it's there hours later or sooner.

Satch

Lead Moderator

Good morning!

I am sorry to hear you are seeing this. I am not seeing this posted as a known issue.

We would like to escalate this to have it researched. 

If you will please contact on : 

1-800-892-4357

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

We can get that started!

Thank you for your participation in the Forums! 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

I do not have cover art on my show discriptions as weel

Trusted Helper

Update,

I have cover art.  But the problem in my area is exclusive to the Show, The Middle.  I get the show description in English.  But when you press Info the show title is in a foreign language.  This is on  both ABC and the reruns on the Freeform Channel.  The Middle from what I can see is the only show on which this happens.  This is on the Navigator Guide ODN 8.0.  Brookfield Wisconsin, 53045.  At least we know other people in other states are having issues, but it seems to be very, very isolated with only certain shows, which is why there is no widespread tickets open for this listing bug.  I think it's a problem with Gracenote, pushing out the wrong title data for the show title in question.  Tonight, I watched The Middle Episode, 'Not So Silent Night."  And the DVR recorded listing was in a foreign language for that show, as was the Info bar when I paused the program.

Everything else is fine.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Joey1986 wrote:
This is when watching live TV in Los Angeles, CA (90024), after pressing the Info key twice. For example, in this screen, “Person of Interest” is listed in Portuguese, as “Pessoa de Interesse.” Also in that same screen there is just an empty box where the show’s cover art should be. Upon further browsing of the Guide, that seems to be the only show title displayed in a foreign language. The missing cover art affects all shows.

I just noticed this early Sunday morning. Rebooting the box did not help.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi Joey,

I just tried a search for your show "Person of Interest" here in Brookfield Wisconsin and can confirm that the title of the show, when Info is pressed on the ODN 8.0 Navigator guide is in a foreign langage as well. (Zip 53045.)  Same with my issues involving The Middle Series.

However, I have Cover Art.

Satch