SpectrumTV Choice: Viewing turns off.

SpectrumTV Choice:

Viewing turns off after awhile, or asks permission to stay on (which I usually miss, so it goes to Spectrum screensaver).  How can I set it to stay on?    We need more setting options.

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: SpectrumTV Choice: Viewing turns off.

@Zookeeper91326wrote:

SpectrumTV Choice:

Viewing turns off after awhile, or asks permission to stay on (which I usually miss, so it goes to Spectrum screensaver).  How can I set it to stay on?    We need more setting options.

Hi Zookeeper,

On your remote Press Settings and either in Quick Settings or Display, find "Power Save Mode"  select it, turn it to Off and save your changes if prompted.

Satch

As I mentioned, the SpectrumTV Choice has too few options in "settings."  They do pop up with something like, "do you want viewing to continue?",  but I miss seeing that most of the time, so it switches to a Spectrum screen saver.  There is no option, setting or "display," option for "power save mode."  I checked for that, before...thus, my inquiry.  If SpectrumTV Choice keeps doing this, I will quit the "service."

Newcomer

It is happening to me to on all of my boxes at random time intervals (2hrs, 4hrs, 5hrs, etc.).  It is definately not "power save" setting. Is there some other setting that has been added?

Lead Moderator

@Zookeeper91326  are you using a Spectrum set top box correct? 

If you miss the "press ok to continue watching" it would automatically discontinue 

the broadcast to the device.  There is currently no way to disable that.  

These channels are called SDV channels.

What is Switched Digital Video?

Switched Digital Video (“SDV”) is an exciting bandwidth-management breakthrough that will bring you many additional services, including new HD channels and HD versions of popular existing channels. Channels delivered using Switched Digital Video (“SDV”) are only transmitted over your cable system on an as-needed basis. As a result, SDV uses system capacity more efficiently than the traditional, always-on method. This frees up bandwidth and allows us to offer our customers additional digital channels and HD digital channels.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

There is no set top box with Spectrum Choice streaming TV.  Since this is a fairly new service that Spectrum offers, I do wish they had not designed it with an "auto Turn off (after a period of "inactivity" (?), feature.  That is an annoying part of this streaming system, and may cause me to cancel if it is not provided as an "option," rather than an automatic default.

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Spectrum TV Choice &  Spectrum TV Stream are a bit different than one another. 

With both of the packages you have the option to have a Spectrum Receiver or DVR but it is not required. 

Spectrum TV Stream

• Stream over 25 TV channels including your local news and LIVE sports
  • FREE access to thousands of movies and shows On Demand
  • Watch at home or on-the-go with the Spectrum TV App and mobile channel apps
  • Add HBO®, SHOWTIME®, STARZ® and more at our lowest price ever
  • Plus, NO contracts or equipment fees and NO cable box required

Spectrum TV Choice

Pick your channels – choose 10 channels to create your custom channel lineup

• Includes your local broadcast channels

• Stream TV live or On Demand from the Spectrum TV App, online or on-the-go

• Add HBO®, SHOWTIME®, STARZ® and more at our lowest price ever

• Plus, NO contracts or installation fees and NO cable box required

In any event, at this time there is no way to disable that feature. I am sorry that this may be a deciding factor for if you continue with the service. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums