Spectrum DVR issue

I just had Spectrum installed and one of my DVR boxes keeps getting locked in at 480P signal when turned on. It comes on with the 1080i signal and then drops to the 480P and locks. It only happens 3-4 times a week but when it happens I can't change channels, turn it off, or even go to the recordings. The only solution I've found is to unplug and reboot the box. I have 2 other DVR's that are not having this problem. I even switched the bad box with one of the others and it happens again in the same room. I'm thinking something in the cable itself might be the issue but I haven't fully tested that out yet. I had two lines running back to the Spectrum provided amp is located and I swapped those and I still have the problem. Any other ideas?

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum DVR issue

@jdramsey

I apologize for any service issues.  We encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

James M. 
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Re: Spectrum DVR issue

I think I have solved the problem by switching over to component cables in place of the HDMI cable.  I either have a bad HDMI cable, 2 bad HDMI ports on the TV, or an LG TV that doesn't want to work properly with the receiver.  Thanks,