Valued Participant

Re: Sound randomly cuts out with new cable box

I bought a new, high speed HDMI cable, thinking it might help - it didn't.  A couple weeks ago I had a technician come to my home.  He told me this was the first time he'd had a service call for audio issues, like I was experiencing. He checked the signal and connections pronouncing everything was working as it should.  His only suggestion was to wait for a firmware update to correct the problem. He didn't think it was the box itself so changing it for another one wouldn't help.  UGH!!!

Helper

[ Edited ]

InternetMom13 wrote:

I bought a new, high speed HDMI cable, thinking it might help - it didn't.  A couple weeks ago I had a technician come to my home.  He told me this was the first time he'd had a service call for audio issues, like I was experiencing. He checked the signal and connections pronouncing everything was working as it should.  His only suggestion was to wait for a firmware update to correct the problem. He didn't think it was the box itself so changing it for another one wouldn't help.  UGH!!!

Is this only happening on the Arris boxes?

What model number(s)?  I have the Arris DCX-3510 and there is also the Whole Home Arris DCX-3600.  I have heard that there have been reports of audio fluctuations on the Arris boxes in some areas.  I have not had issues with my Arris DCX-3510 here in Wisconsin.

I agree with the tech who told the sub this is a software issue that needs a firmware update.  TWC usually does the software updates between 12am-6am early on Tuesday mornings.  You will see a series of numbers on the boxes and a few reboots during that time when updates are happening.  Patch updates go out

I hope that some TWC divisions have not chosen to ignore emergency patch updates, or even software updates just waiting to see what happens with the Charter Merger.  Please, for responses to this topic:

1.) Reply about the issue that you are having, as customers have been doing.

2.) Give the make and model number of affected cable boxes.

3.) Have you had a tech out, and what was done?

4.) Give your TWC affected division and location.

Through these four steps, feedback can be collected to be sent to the Guide Development Team to determine if the boxes/models in question need a firmware update patch to correct the audio problem.

Satch

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I had terrible issues with the sound going to almost nothing to way too loud all the time. On my Vizio TV, I found a setting that was ON. It was called Volume Leveling. With that turned on, my TV went from blasting the sound to almost muted, and of course when it went low was at the worst time. I have turned the Volume Leveling OFF, and that appears to have solved the issue! All this time, which has been months, and finally a solution! Please check the sound settings on your television. You might have to experiment, but you can do it!