Newcomer

Sort movies by Genre or movie year NOT ALPhAbetical order!!!!

Are you NUTS?? i only want to watch a movie on demand, for example, an HBO movie but I need to seach thru 500+ movies by alphabetical order,  an hour later I am still scrolling thru pages.  Why  are there no options to sort by Genre or year like other TV providers? A really good new movie can have a title that begins with the letter W but i will never get there tonight.

5 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Sort movies by Genre or movie year NOT ALPhAbetical order!!!!

Why did the moderator just move my post to "equipment". this has nothing to do with my hardware.  wake up?

Trusted Helper

@mbackus3 wrote:

Are you NUTS?? i only want to watch a movie on demand, for example, an HBO movie but I need to seach thru 500+ movies by alphabetical order,  an hour later I am still scrolling thru pages. Why  are there no options to sort by Genre or year like other TV providers? A really good new movie can have a title that begins with the letter W but i will never get there tonight.

Hello!

I can help with this.  I am going to assume that your guide looks like this:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/tv/features/new-guide.html

There are several ways to search for a movie.  Using your example if you know the name of of the movie On Demand, you can press the On Demand button on your remote.

This will take you to the On Demand Portal Channel.  Than you can select "Networks" in the Portal,  Now go to "HBO" and go to Movies, and you should find all the movies on HBO.  Note that the listings of the first 20 shows have box art along with the description.  Than if you arrow key all the way to the end, you can use the page up/down to find all the movies on that channel.

If you want to search for a movie by Genre. you can press B on your remote control.  Than type "Movies" Now go to the Genre Screen and select the Genre for your movie type.  Use the Page Up/down button to scroll through the movies faster

You can also press On Demand, and type Movies in the On Demand Search box in the Portal.  This should give you a genre listing of movies on Demand.

Update:  On the advanced boxes, you can also keyboard search by Titles, (Movies, TV Shows, Series, Events, Sports, Genres, and Actors)  Start keying in a search subject with the on-screen keyboad and the system will try to predict what you are typing. Tip:  If you begin a search from the Guide's Time Grid showing the highlighted show's cell, by pressing your Remote Control's "B" button, you will begin the search results from that subject or phrase, which will generally contain listings for that show, a similar show, or subject.  This is known as Context Searching.

Oh, the moderators moved your topic because the program listings for the questions about the guide depend on the type of box/hardware that you have. There are various boxes and guides, and the listings may be organized differently for the box that you have.   This is why it would fall under the Equipment category.  The Channels and Programing Forum is for questions about adding new channels that you would like Spectrum to carry.

Please let us know if this helps!  Also, let us know if your guide is different than the one shown at the URL link above.

Satch

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Morning!

You can check here to see what guide you are using:  Which Guide Do I Have?

There are support videos that will walk you thorough to use the guides. 

Both our new guide and our older guide do provide the option to sort by 

genres. 

If your guide is not matching any of those listed you may need to reboot your box. If

that does not work please do post some pictures of what you are seeing. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Trusted Helper

Note,

Users on legacy TWC billing packages may be redirected to a Spectrum "Help and Support" page as the guide comparision FAQ page begins to load. This applies in my case. You will need to put your browser in Private Mode, ak.a Incognito Mode in Google Chrome to view the page. You may also be redirected and need to use Private Browsing to view this page based on your division area.

Satch

Trusted Helper

@Satch wrote:

Note,

Users on legacy TWC billing packages may be redirected to a Spectrum "Help and Support" page as the guide comparision FAQ page begins to load. This applies in my case. You will need to put your browser in Private Mode, ak.a Incognito Mode in Google Chrome to view the page. You may also be redirected and need to use Private Browsing to view this page based on your division area.

Satch

Note the following:

That many legacy TWC markets use this guide below:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/tv/features/new-guide.html

To be honest, I am not really a fan of the New Spectrum Guide based on the customer reports that I am seeing.  (They have begun a small rollout in Texas markets.)  More on that in another thread at a later time.  The above URL is for the Navigator Guide,  is for legacy TWC markets, which as long as you have an enhanced box. (Word Box, Arris, Cisco/Technicolor, or Samsung) is a very good modern guide.

Satch