Observer

Re: Slow Response in the evening hours

We have phone, TV and internet. Now if this problem was consant I would agree that there could be a connectivity issue, but it is only happening each night.

Observer

Base on past experiance, I don't think getting a tech to come at 8PM is an option. The problem is only at night.

Rookie

mssully wrote:

We have noticed that in the morning, channnel change, search, select a show, look at anything is responsive for us. Now in the evening. we experiance numerious time outs and long lag time between changing channels, selcting our recorded shows, basicaly every activity that involves the cable box. Is anyone else noticing this?

I have experianced these issues as well but it becomes real noticable on Friday and Saturday evenings here in Cincinnati Ohio. I have an Arris DCX3600-M and a Cisco 4642HDC which use the HD Guide and DOCSIS modems built in the boxes. I am speculating that Time Warner Cable's system's are unable to handle all the data requests for the set top boxes during peak usage which would explain the slowdowns and timeouts.