Helper

Search and VOD Both Down Following Box Reboot

[ Edited ]

Guys,

Last night my DVR froze up during playback.  First time this has happened in many months. Signals good.  (I also have Internet and Phone, no problems.)  When the box came back from rebooting, the search was not available, and all the VOD graphics were down.  Channel Changing was slow, but the box itself remains fast pulling up screens and menus.  The box is a Cisco 9865 DVR and I want to hold on to this box because it is a six-tuner box, and Spectrum no longer gives out six-tuner boxes.

Do not have Whole House DVR.  I also do not have the latest guide update where the mini menu appears when the box is turned on. I am in Brookfield, WI.  Zip is 53045.  Voicemail said there was maintenance in my area last night.

Three questions:

1.) What happened in Brookfield Wisconsin last night with regard to the updates?  I mean specifically, what was done?

2.) Has Wisconsin had trouble with the latest guide update for the advanced STB boxes?  The one where the menu appears when the box is powered up?

3.) When the search comes back "Not available"  I on the advanced STB, I assume that this is a server problem..

Would appreciate some detailed answers to these questions if you can share.  Thank you.

Satch

1 REPLY
Helper

Re: Search and VOD Both Down Following Box Reboot

Satch wrote:

Guys,

Last night my DVR froze up during playback.  First time this has happened in many months. Signals good.  (I also have Internet and Phone, no problems.)  When the box came back from rebooting, the search was not available, and all the VOD graphics were down.  Channel Changing was slow, but the box itself remains fast pulling up screens and menus.  The box is a Cisco 9865 DVR and I want to hold on to this box because it is a six-tuner box, and Spectrum no longer gives out six-tuner boxes.

Do not have Whole House DVR.  I also do not have the latest guide update where the mini menu appears when the box is turned on. I am in Brookfield, WI.  Zip is 53045.  Voicemail said there was maintenance in my area last night.

Three questions:

1.) What happened in Brookfield Wisconsin last night with regard to the updates?  I mean specifically, what was done?

2.) Has Wisconsin had trouble with the latest guide update for the advanced STB boxes?  The one where the menu appears when the box is powered up?

3.) When the search comes back "Not available"  I on the advanced STB, I assume that this is a server problem..

Would appreciate some detailed answers to these questions if you can share.  Thank you.

Satch

Working now very well,

Following a second cold reboot and about a 60 to 90 minute wait.  Tip- If your box's search goes down or VOD, it can make everything slower.

Satch