Valued Contributor

Samsung MU9000 and TWC RC122 Remote

Anyone got the power/volume to work on the RC122 remote with a Samsung MU9000 TV?  Tried all the Samsung codes and the AutoFind attempt.  Not sure if Samsung or Spectrum/TWC phone call will be best but may need to pick one and start calling and trying to explain...

/Dan

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Samsung MU9000 and TWC RC122 Remote

Use CEC instead. turn it on the HDMI port the box is connected to.

Valued Contributor

Re: Samsung MU9000 and TWC RC122 Remote

Have had that on and the Spectrum app did load on the TV when the TV recognised what was connected.  It does turn the DVR on when power applied to TV, but does not turn off the DVR when TV goes off.  It also does not allow the RC122 remote to control the volume (rarely use external 5.1 sound system) .  Also, the TV remote is not something anyone would want to use for DVR control and channel changing.  You have to bring up menu and joystick to commands like FF, Pause, etc. and click to operate.  Channel changing is real slow.  Really want volume control on RC122 to work and would be close to fine.  I had the RC122 set to turn TV and DVR on/off together which I miss but could live without if I had volume control.  This is for a household of family with varying levels of remote knowledge and patience...

/Dan