N/A

Samsung HW-KM45C sound bar remote code

Does anyone know what 3 digit code to use to let a UR5U-8780L remote control a Samsung HW-KM45C sound bar on the AUX button?  Auto search has not found the code after running for over 3 minutes.

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Samsung HW-KM45C sound bar remote code

I assume you changed the aux button to be a second TV and tried Samsung tV codes and they didn't work.  when you select aux, then hit the vol up/down, does the aux light blink? If not, you need to unlock the vol u/d from the tv and make it follow the last device pressed.

The correct solution and easiest is to Connect the soundbars hdmi to the tv's ARC hdmi port and configure the TV for ARC control on that port. The soundbar will then use the tv up/ down and mute controls that work the tv.

N/A

Thanks for the info on ARC connection.  I unplugged the DAC and read my TV manual to learn which HDMI port was ARC and how to configure it to use the soundbar.

Expert

You're luck both items are ARC equiped, I feel for people that have gear that isn't. You're also lucky to understand the manuals instructions, The Samsung TV manuals require you to have the TV in front of you!