N/A

SPECTRUM NEEDS DVR CLOUD SERVICE LIKE NOW!

I have been a TWC/ Spectrum customer for years now and in these many years I continually  have to get my cable box/DVR swapped out i would say about twice  a year for whatever reason. As a result of this i lose all my recordings everytime they come to swap out my box. This is frustrating because now I have to go setup all my recordings again and try and find the movies that I want to have recorded for as long as I want to have them. Not to mention the PPV that I lose this is frustrating. PLEASE COME  UP WITH A DVR CLOUD SERVICE THAT WILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM THEN YOU GUYS CAN SWAP OUT BOXES AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT. I would be willing to pay something similar to what apple charges like .99cents a month for 50 gigs or $4.99 for 1 TB a month something like that but this is long overdue and needs to be done....

5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: SPECTRUM NEEDS DVR CLOUD SERVICE LIKE NOW!

You might do better in the long run with a Tivo.  The cost of the Tivo + Product Lifetime Service will pay for itself within three years when you compare the monthly rental fee forthe Set-Top Box Rental Fee + the DVR fee... 

Proven Sharer

I agree with the TiVo suggestion, especially since you can expand the storage on a TiVo.  Many of the other services with cloud DVRs are severly limited in space or the time frame of saving recordings.

Trusted Helper

reds91185 wrote:

I agree with the TiVo suggestion, especially since you can expand the storage on a TiVo.  Many of the other services with cloud DVRs are severly limited in space or the time frame of saving recordings.

Reds,

Do you know the space limitations of other cloud-based DVR's?  I agree that swapping out the boxes sucks and I really recommend that customers hold on to their box(es) until it/they die.  You don't know what you are going to get in an  exchange.  With the loss of six-tuner boxes, now restricted to legacy TWC accounts, providing that you have a previous six-tuner box and Whole House DVR, it really is two nails in the coffin for many users.

Are the World Boxes only 4 tuners or is their a choice of tuners there?  Spectrum has deals on DVR's for new customers, like 3 for $20/month, which TWC didn't.  Cloud services would help so much with programs and settings migration from one box to the next.

Satch

Proven Sharer

Playstation Vue only holds DVR content for 28 days and you cannot record HBO or other premiums and some CBS stations around the country. I think Sling TV and Hulu allow 40 - 50 hours worth of content unless you upgrade your package.  Directv Now is just now, a year later, getting around to having trials for its DVR.

For the most part Cloud DVR isn't really recording anything, just saving a shortcut to On Demand for a particular show. I myself have a few Palladia/MTV Live concerts saved on my TiVo and I can watch them whenever I want, even long after they're no longer available On Demand.

Proven Sharer

Satch wrote:

Are the World Boxes only 4 tuners or is their a choice of tuners there?  Spectrum has deals on DVR's for new customers, like 3 for $20/month, which TWC didn't.  Cloud services would help so much with programs and settings migration from one box to the next.

Satch

I believe they are 4 tuner boxes. Pricing for DVRs is a bit wonky though. The last time I checked, Spectrum charges $4.99 or $5.99 per DVR box, but also tacks on a "DVR Service" fee for $11.99 if you have 1-3 boxes or $19.99 if you have 4 or more.