Seasoned Contributor

Returning equipment

My elderly neighbor has asked my help. She has an unused DTA that she would like to return and have its rental fee deducted in future billings. Can I take it along with one of her recent bills to a local storefront and accomplish this, even though I have no association with her account?

7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Returning equipment

@twcsa4jim

You can return equipment for someone else, please be sure to get a receipt and ask the account holder to retain the receipt until the equipment has been removed from the account.  It is the only proof the equipment was returned.  However, only the account holder or an authorized user on the account can make changes, including removing equipment,  so you neighbor will need to call in or also visit a store to make any billing or account changes.  

Trusted Helper

@twcsa4jim wrote:

My elderly neighbor has asked my help. She has an unused DTA that she would like to return and have its rental fee deducted in future billings. Can I take it along with one of her recent bills to a local storefront and accomplish this, even though I have no association with her account?

Hi,,

I don't see why not.  You will need a copy of her recent billing statement.  And request a receipt.  Keep that receipt for your records.

Saqtch

Seasoned Contributor

Thank you for that, but I have a follow-up question:

If a customer is house-bound and has no assistance, how can they effect a return and its resultant account change? Is a return mailer sent to them, or a truck dispatched for a pickup?

Community Manager

For other options, such as an equipment pick up, the account holder can contact us directly at 1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328).  

Spectator

the OP'S friend can call spectrum as well and request return kits for spectrum hardware and they will send those out with fedex return labels as well
Spectator

i would say that my friend wants me to return this hardware and give the rep there address and maybe a letter stating they want to return the hardware. but it's alot easier to call customer service and ask for a return kit
Spectator

i would call customer service and ask them to send me a return kit and that will come with prepaid fedex labels as well all you would have to do is drop em off at a fedex location or maybe even call fedex for a pickup. though there might be a 5.00 charge for that from fedex depending on the contract between spectrum and fedex. i have always waited for a fedex guy to show up and give it to them to avoid that 5.00 fee if any . you can also call fedex and they will be able to tell you if you pay the 5.00 fee or if it's waived per there contract. when i asked if they sent out trucks to pick up there hardware there response was is we don't do that but we have other ways of getting our hardware back and the rep told me i could request a return kit and fedex it back