Highlighted
Rookie

Returning equipment without access to a Store

Hi, I need some help please.  I have canceled my service that I had while in NYC.  The problem is I'm not in NYC any longer, I am in Denver.  There arent any TWC/Spectrum stores here so I'm not sure how to return my equipment.  They told me to take it to a UPS store but they are requiring a return label  but TWC/Spectrum wont send one... they say I dont need it.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Returning equipment without access to a Store

@txhart

At this point, the best option would be to sent the equipment to someone you know who is near a Spectrum Store, and can return the equipment for you.  I recommend this option because they can obtain a receipt to send to you to verify the equipment was returned and ensure that your account status is correctly updated.  The receipt is important because it is your only proof the equipment was returned.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Expert

Read thru the other posts from people here who haven't properly returned equipment and cancelling service  then come crying about a $500 + bill. or the ones that used the prepaid mailers and the depot has "never received the equipment" even though they have tracking numbers.  DVR's are like $400 , cable boxes $250, remotes $20 and modems $150 each. Power supplies and cables need to be returned as well, don't worry about splitters.

You also must return the equipment in the same city and state as there is no longer any reciprocity between the 1000's of TWC/Spectrum systems. And Spectrum techs no longer picks up equipment

Record all equipment being returned model/ s/n and MAC, If it's been a couple months, you're also liable for eqt rental charges, if in service or not.

Participant

send all the Equitpment back to the friends in NYC, ask him to return to the store, get the receipt and get the final bill, pay it now, and SAY GOOD BYE TO  TWC OR SPECTRUM, THAT IS BETTER.

Participant

PS. do not forget  Get the final bill and pay it at the store,