Rookie

Remote

Up until two days ago I was able to fast forward and rewind also by using the cursor navigation pad. Can anyone tell me how to get that function back?

11 REPLIES
Not applicable

Re: Remote

I just started having the same problem. Wondering if it is a setting that Spectrum TWC changed in their DVR access.

Trusted Helper

@Ravkwrote:

I just started having the same problem. Wondering if it is a setting that Spectrum TWC changed in their DVR access.

Hi,

There was a software update that went out to the Navigator Guide a few weeks ago in several areas.  For reference, this is the guide that got the update:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/tv/features/new-guide.html

It is possible that the curser shortcut keys were turned off in this update or removed in this update.  There are some small new features:

Users can now organize series recordings by date of recording or series/episode number.  (Record by date is the default.)

Show info in search now shows the channel numbers, call letters, and time in the program descriptions

The Spectrum name is more pronounced in this update.  For example, Reboot your set top box is now changed to "Reboot your Spectrum receiver."

Satch

Rookie

Thanks Satch for completely not answering he question in the slightest bit!

Trusted Helper

@JeremySmithwrote:

Thanks Satch for completely not answering he question in the slightest bit!

Hi Jeremy,

In general terms, the arrow buttons may not work anymore for the shortcuts due to the software update on the guide as I mentioned above.

Satch

Newcomer

We are experiencingthe same problem with our remote. I chatted with support but they deny any recent updates and want to send us a new remote even though the buttons are working for other things.  We will try calling Spectrum on Monday during regular business hours.

Newcomer

FYI, I just spoke with a differnt agent on the phone, He confirmed that there was a software update recently.  He also confirmed that they removed that function from the remote in that update. 

I suggest that everyone who wants to be able to use those buttons the way they used to call Spectrum and complain. The more complaints they receive the more likely they will restore that function.

Trusted Helper

@Penneywrote:

We are experiencingthe same problem with our remote. I chatted with support but they deny any recent updates and want to send us a new remote even though the buttons are working for other things.  We will try calling Spectrum on Monday during regular business hours.

Greetings,

Since we have several people experiencing the same symptoms with the remote, can you provide the make and model of your cable box?  Also the make and model of the remote control? Generally, if you press the arrow buttons and the cable button (CBL lights up.) brightly, the batters are good and the remote should be fine.

What is your state, city, and zip code? (For everyone replying to this thread.)  The mods may need to investigate by opening a troubleshooting ticket.  A lot of times, the level one phone reps aren't going to know about equipment updates in the past, unless it's an ongoing issue that shows up on their computer screens when communicating with a customer.  We need to inquire if this issue is occurring in the same, or different division areas.

Thanks for this information.

Satch

Trusted Helper

@Penneywrote:

FYI, I just spoke with a differnt agent on the phone, He confirmed that there was a software update recently.  He also confirmed that they removed that function from the remote in that update. 

I suggest that everyone who wants to be able to use those buttons the way they used to call Spectrum and complain. The more complaints they receive the more likely they will restore that function.

Thank you Penney,

This is very helpful!  Kudos to the agent that knew this information!  Feedback is important so you can let Spectrum know that you would like the short-cut fast-forward and rewind features restored with the arrow buttons.  You can also provide feedback about this feature 's removal by logging into Twitter (or getting a Twitter account) and following the @Ask Spectrum Page  Title your Tweet, "Feedback" and than explain that you are disappointed with the removal of this feature in the latest software update to the Cable Box Guide.  This helps Spectrum plan for new updates to their products and services.

Satch

Newcomer

This update also removed the function on my LG Magic remote to stop being able to fast forward and rewind DVR. This is very frustrating because the magic remote is really the only way to navigate this oled smart tv.