Newcomer

Remote won't let me access my vizio smart tv apps

I recently got Spectrum & have just learned the stupid remote won't let me do anything on the tv part except turn the TV on. I don't have my original tv remote it was lost during a move. How can I access my apps including Netflix and Hulu on my Vizio Smart TV? I really don't want to buy a second remote for my tv only.
4 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Remote won't let me access my vizio smart tv apps

wap1977 wrote:
I recently got Spectrum & have just learned the stupid remote won't let me do anything on the tv part except turn the TV on. I don't have my original tv remote it was lost during a move. How can I access my apps including Netflix and Hulu on my Vizio Smart TV? I really don't want to buy a second remote for my tv only.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/program-your-remote.html

There is no guanrentee that the TWC/Spectrum remote will have all the functions for your native TV remote built in.  (The cable remotes aren't designed to be replacements for the original)

You may need to buy a third-party universal remote, or buy a new Vizio remote for your television.

Expert

Buy one on ebay. The smart and cast tv remotes all have non standard buttons. Main issue on those Vizio's is the "V" button. You can also load an IR remote ap for  some phones that duplicates the remote

Expert

I'm working with D,E and M class Vizio's , They also have an Android type device that makes any TV into a smart tv, It too is incompatable with a universal remote  as it's interface is RF via bluetooth like some of the Samsungs.

Next.. Netflix/ Hulu, Amazon tv are competitors and you'll never see them being added to a cable co remote unless there's a profit to be made.

Established Sharer

It's not like a replacement All-In-One remote is going to break the bank, they cost less than one lunch at a decent mom & pop diner.  You could have bought a replacement back when you lost the original while moving.