Not applicable

Remote’s A Button Doesn’t Access Full Menu

The triangle “A” button on my RC122 remote no longer calls up the full tv viewing options menu and instead only enables On/Off for SAP and closed captioning. To summons the shortcut menu for items like DVR recordings, Search and On Demand, I now have to power off and on the cable box to get the menu to pop up by default. The A button’s reduced functionality just started 2 weeks ago and I’ve rebooted my cable box and reprogrammed my remote to no avail. The same remote problem is affecting my secondary spectrum equipped TV.
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Remote’s A Button Doesn’t Access Full Menu

@Ksent

It is not uncommon to need to replace remotes. You can swap your remote for a new one by taking it to a local Spectrum store, free of charge.  

Trusted Helper

Re: Remote’s A Button Doesn’t Access Full Menu

@Ksent wrote:
The triangle “A” button on my RC122 remote no longer calls up the full tv viewing options menu and instead only enables On/Off for SAP and closed captioning. To summons the shortcut menu for items like DVR recordings, Search and On Demand, I now have to power off and on the cable box to get the menu to pop up by default. The A button’s reduced functionality just started 2 weeks ago and I’ve rebooted my cable box and reprogrammed my remote to no avail. The same remote problem is affecting my secondary spectrum equipped TV.

Hello,

There was a recent software update to the guide where the "A" button no longer brings up the Quick Access Menu.  It brings up the settings that you described.  I just heard a few days ago that the "A: button functionality is different with this update.  It is being rolled out at this time.  You do not, and should not turn your box on and off to bring up the Quick Settings Menu.  To bring the Power on TV  Quick Settings menu back:

• Press Menu Button on Remote.
  • Left/Right arrow keys may also bring up the same Quick Settings menu as when you turn on the TV. Pressing left or right arrow should dismiss the menu.
  • Hitting Menu again or Exist also dismisses the menu,
  • Up and down arrow keys bring up Recently Viewed Channels if turned on in Settings.  If turned off, you can browse through the next channel up and down with the program title shown in the Info bar when up/down arrow is pressed.

If these above functions do not work, I would agree with James that you would than need a new remote.

Satch