Newcomer

Remote problem- cannot remove"filters" on guide

On the guide, I can change the filters but cannot remove all filters and se all the channels I subscribe to

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Remote problem- cannot remove"filters" on guide

@sbt136 wrote:

On the guide, I can change the filters but cannot remove all filters and se all the channels I subscribe to

Hello,

Just to be sure we are clear with this, you press the Guide Button on the Remote twice and select "All Channels" but you are cannot see all the channels you subscribe to in your package?

The same thing occurs when you press the Guide button twice and select the Subscribe filter, which is to supposed to show all the channels in your package?

First, try pressing the remote button twice and selecting the ALL Channels and than the Subscribed Filter.  What channels are you missing in the Time Grid to which you Subscribe?

What is the make and model of your cable box?  What is your city, state, and zip?

Are you on a TWC plan or a Spectrum Plan?

When you select "All Channels" or "Subscribed" channels to what channels are you subscribed that you are missing in the Time Grid? (Or is it too many to list?)

When this start?  Have you recently had a service call for a box swap or a signal and drop line test?

What other services if any do you get from Spectrum?  If so, any problems?

Any problems with loss of picture, or pixilation?

Providing these answers will be a good first step in diagnosing this problem. They will begin to determine if this is a signal or line issue, or a box problem, or something is not right with the way the box is authorized to your account.

Satch

Spectrum Employee

Depending on which cable box you have, this is solved one of two ways.

1) You press guide twice and it pulls up the channel filters. The first option is "all channels".

2) You press the guide button, then the options button, and the filters come up across the top of the screen. Hover over whichever filter is ALREADY ON and select it again. That will turn off that specific filter.

Trusted Helper

@SavvTechy wrote:

1) You press guide twice and it pulls up the channel filters. The first option is "all channels".

2) You press the guide button, then the options button, and the filters come up across the top of the screen. Hover over whichever filter is ALREADY ON and select it again. That will turn off that specific filter.

Sup?

Yea, a lot of customers don't know that you have to press the Guide button Twice or press Guide and than Options depending on the guide.  My impression was that the customer had already done those things, and the box was not showing the right filters.

Oh yea, make sure you do the press Guide twice or Guide plus Options to get the filter that you want.  Not sure how it is on Spectrum Guide, or I-Guide, but on Navigator in the Time Grid, it tells you where you filter is set.  (Default is "All Channels.")

Satch

Trusted Helper

@Satch wrote:

@SavvTechy wrote:

Sup?

Yea, a lot of customers don't know that you have to press the Guide button Twice or press Guide and than Options depending on the guide.  My impression was that the customer had already done those things, and the box was not showing the right filters.

Oh yea, make sure you do the press Guide twice or Guide plus Options to get the filter that you want.  Not sure how it is on Spectrum Guide, or I-Guide, but on Navigator in the Time Grid, it tells you where you filter is set.  (Default is "All Channels.")

Satch

Update,

It sounds like the customer wants to filter his/her channels to Subscribed.  On Navigator, that would be pressing the Guide Button twice and selecting the Subscribed option.  When OP said "Remove All Filters" that confused me.

Satch

Spectrum Employee

Yeah, I've gotten to play with the Spectrum Guide boxes, so when the OP said "filter" it rang a bell. It's slightly different, but still just two button pushes away luckily.
I will admit I have no idea how it works on an i-Guide.