Remote RC122 "A" button new behavior

Currently when I hit the "A" button I get a side bar on the left watch tv, guide, DVR, on demand, etc... This is very different from how it used to act. Before when I hit the "A" button it would go to a full screen graphic with options for entertainment, news, movies, sports, etc... and when you clicked on Movies you would get currently subscribed Movie channels. This was the only way I used the remote. With the new function it's a complete pain to find the channels. How do I get the old functionality back of the "A" button? I'm a previous TWC subscriber now Spectrum.
3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Remote RC122 "A" button new behavior

What box/ dvr do you have? Sounds like it's firmware got changed and there's no going back...

Trusted Helper

poolparty wrote:
Currently when I hit the "A" button I get a side bar on the left watch tv, guide, DVR, on demand, etc... This is very different from how it used to act. Before when I hit the "A" button it would go to a full screen graphic with options for entertainment, news, movies, sports, etc... and when you clicked on Movies you would get currently subscribed Movie channels. This was the only way I used the remote. With the new function it's a complete pain to find the channels. How do I get the old functionality back of the "A" button? I'm a previous TWC subscriber now Spectrum.

Greetings,

This is a new guide software update that has been pushed out to several markets on the advanced boxes.  The new response from the "A" button brings up a Quick Menu of most commonly used cable TV features.  If you liked the old functionality of the A button better with the category list, please leave feedback by replying in the thread below. Spectrum will consider this feedback for the next guide update:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Product-Feedback-and-Suggestions/New-Guide-Feedback-Suggestions...

Satch

I replied to the thread. I don't like the new functionality. I used the A button everytime I turned on the TV now it's a pain to watch television.