Spectator
slinkywoman

Remote Control Code for Seiki TV

Does anyone know the correct code to use for programming the remote control with the Seiki TV?  I had it working and then through problems with the TV the volume control and mute stopped responding.

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
Jeff

Re: Remote Control Code for Seiki TV

I do not see that manufacture listed for the Clickr-5 if that's the remote you have so the only other option is the search function. If that's not your remote you can see if yours is listed:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/pyr.html
Amazing Days Ahead!
Carolina Technical Assurance Center
Please use plain text.
Spectator
slinkywoman

I do have the Clickr-5 but the search function does not provide a code that works.  During initial set up I called a Time Warner rep to help and she remembered that she had a code for Seiki written down that we tried and it worked.  I didn't write it down because it worked...I didn't anticipate that it would stop working and I'd need it again.  :smileysad:  I looked up the manufacturer and used all their codes but none of them work.  The one they have listed for Time Warner is a 4 digit code (0178) so it doesn't work.

In addition to the volume and mute not working, the tv does not turn off or on with the remote.  The only thing that works is the channel advance.  :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
Surreall

[ Edited ]

Hi slinkywoman,

I did some research and it appears LG or Samsung codes may work for Seiki sets.

Could you give the codes below a try and let us know?

If you have the UR5-U 8780L or 8790L:

LG  363 113 116 102 106 112 116 127 143 569 284

SAMSUNG   258 050 089 105 363 127 143 333 228 229

[Edit - Added Samsung codes.]

Please use plain text.
Spectator
slinkywoman

Hi - thank you for these codes.  The 363 code now turns the TV off and on with the universal remote - but I am unable to control the volume or mute.  But perhaps I have done something to affect that?

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
Surreall

slinkywoman wrote:

Hi - thank you for these codes.  The 363 code now turns the TV off and on with the universal remote - but I am unable to control the volume or mute.  But perhaps I have done something to affect that?

Have you tried any of the other codes?  Some codes may control one function, such as power, but not control other functions like volume.

It's also possible you can simply just reprogram the volume control and fix it that way.

Step 1 - Press the [OK/SEL] button and [CBL]
button simultaneously for three
seconds. The device LED will turn on
for 30 seconds. The next step must
be performed while the LED is on.

Step 2 - Press the [VOL] button. The device

LED will blink.

Step 3 - Press [TV] button. The device LED will
blink twice to confirm the programming.

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
MaryBoytz

After much trial and error, I used code 363 for my Seiki.  After setting that up, I set up the volume using the instructions in manual.  This made mute and volume work.  Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
jd4768

I used auto search method and had complete success. All buttons on remote working including volume and mute. 

Please use plain text.