Highlighted
Newcomer

Recording programs

I just switched back to a DVR system and the record button doesn't work at all. Is there something new. I have tried all options posted in the forum that I can find?
4 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Recording programs

More than likely, if it was JUST installed, you need to do 1 of 3 things.

1. Reboot it twice. This may sound stupid but if it hasn't been rebooted, the new DVR's won't work properly. If you've already done this, go ahead and skip it because further reboots will do nothing for this issue.
  2. Call Technical Support. Ask these questions.
    1. Is my box interactive?
      1. You can check this yourself by going to Settings -> Diagnostics -> Vender Diagnostics. There will be a line on the first page that says "Interactive Status". This should be True.
    2. Is my box activated for DVR Service?
      1. Same page as before, it will say something along the lines of DVR Authorization - True.
    3. Am I paying for DVR Service?
      1. If Step 2 is False, then this applies definately.
  3. If this still has not fixed the issue, then calling a technician out may be in order. You could have signal impairments that are preventing proper authorization for the box that will need to be addressed.

I would approach the situation in this order, as it will solve many of the involved steps.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.

Newcomer

Are there different steps to recording? I can get to the point of selecting yes to record but nothing happens.
Spectrum Employee

If you are getting to that point then you most likely have a signal issue or a software issue. A Technician visit is required at this point.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.

Trusted Helper

Cxthulu wrote:
If you are getting to that point then you most likely have a signal issue or a software issue. A Technician visit is required at this point.

I think my post got deleted or didn't go through,

Before setting up the tech call, I would suggest setting up a test recording with the prompts.  Answer "Yes" to "Do you want to record this show?"  Now check your recording list under Scheduled Recordings. (Press the DVR List button on your remote.)  Is the test recording there?

Next, wait till the time that the recording has ended.  Press your DVR List button again?  Is the recording there and can it be played?  If not, you need a service call as suggested.

Please note that if the box is swapped it can take up to 48 hours for remote DVR services to start working and up to 24 hours for Caller ID on TV to show if you have phone services.

Satch