ant
Established Sharer

Record series' new episodes at later times due to conflicts?

Is there a way to have Arris DCX3510M DVR's Navigator to record series' new episodes at LATER time when there are conflicts due to dual tuner limitations since cable stations like to repeat epiosdes later?

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

--
Ant @ The Ant Farm and Ant's Quality Foraged Links
4 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Record series' new episodes at later times due to conflicts?

[ Edited ]

Go to manage in the DVRs menu after you hit list....  Hit manager tab ... Series manager , I am not sure about priority of one shot recordings, though. There should b e a priority list put the program you want to record at a later time(if available later in evening day) lower on the pirority list. Live program higher on priority list, record program lower on priority list. Good luck.

You can even do more than  two  with a scenario, you recorde the same two shows everyday at eight oclock, and say one program you love occurs on Friday at 8, you you can record that as a series too, just make sure the 8pm i Friday show is highest in priority of the three and one of the programs will record at a later time if you want to watch something else or your Friday show live. Hope this makes some sense

ant
Established Sharer

[ Edited ]

jhf5 wrote:

Go to manage in the DVRs menu after you hit list....  Hit manager tab ... Series manager , I am not sure about priority of one shot recordings, though. There should b e a priority list put the program you want to record at a later time(if available later in evening day) lower on the pirority list. Live program higher on priority list, record program lower on priority list. Good luck.

You can even do more than  two  with a scenario, you recorde the same two shows everyday at eight oclock, and say one program you love occurs on Friday at 8, you you can record that as a series too, just make sure the 8pm i Friday show is highest in priority of the three and one of the programs will record at a later time if you want to watch something else or your Friday show live. Hope this makes some sense

Yeah, I used its priority list to sort what I want to record. The lower conflicted priority don't get recorded even though there are later time slots and those series' episodes are marked new. 

Here is an example of a conflict due to ABC's Designated Survivor and Expanse series' new hour episodes on 3/8/2017's Wednesday nights' at 10 PM PT (LA, CA, USA).

--
Helper

There might be an issue with the guide tagging as a not new episode, ..... or the dreaded software bug.
ant
Established Sharer

[ Edited ]

jhf5 wrote:
There might be an issue with the guide tagging as a not new episode, ..... or the dreaded software bug.

I know Guide says it is new in its text description as shown in my screen shot/capture. Or did you mean something else?

--