Browser
nephipower

Re: Record 4 shows

So I called TWC Customer Service in San Antonio trying to find out more information. I was fully expecting that they would just say I was confused and that it is just whole home dvr service but surprisely after a while on hold the lady came back to say that they will be rolling out a new DVR but didn't have any details beyond that.

I think what is the most frustrating part about this whole situation is that TWC starts airing this advert and then is not prepared at all for customer questions when they clearly say in the commericial to call them. Typical...

Here is a link to the commericial for anyone who has not seen it yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcF6MoJ6Dfk

Rookie
Nybblet

Thanks to the AT&T U-verse FAQs, I thnk I have figured out what TWC is doing.  U-Verse is set up so that the whole household gets a maximum of 4 lines.  That is 4 regular programs (or 2 HD becaus they apparently require 2 feeds).  So, no matter how many tv's, the maximum number of programs is 4.  TWC will let you rent as many DVRs as you want, so you can get more than 4 shows.

I'd rather have an updated tuner.

TWC Employee
Surreall

[ Edited ]

Hi Nybblet,

That's correct.  And yes, I would love an updated DVR as well.  :smileyhappy:

[Edit:  Oops, hit post before typing.]

Newcomer
Zippy74

[ Edited ]

After talking to 5 reps on the phone and 2 chat representatives I found out that this service is supposedly available for Whole House DVR customers sometime in Mid-September when they have the new boxes that will handle recording 4+ shows. Supposedly you will be able to record 4 on one DVR at a time so if you have two DVRs you can record 8 shows and if you have three DVRs then 12 shows and so on. The last rep I spoke to was the most knowledgeable and said that this will be available to Whole House DVR customers ONLY at first and then the equipment will be available for "regular" customers sometime later this year (2013) or the first part of 2014. I'm in Palm Springs/Desert Cities.

Newcomer
Dank

I live in LA and we don't have this. I talked with 3 people. 2 had no record of what I was talking about, 1 said of yes let me add this code to your account, and then reset your box. Didn't work. I have the whole house DVR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcF6MoJ6Dfk
Observer
Caribbrz

I have whole house service and I don't have this service.  This must be like the "startover" system....I have yet to find a channel that has startover capabilities.  I find that TWC is really good about advertising things that are VERY limited.  They put the cart before the horse.

Contributor
DaKat

TWC has a habit of advertising stuff BEFORE it's ready to deploy,

AND also has occasionally changed things for the better WITHOUT telling us (it's customers) that it's available !!

The new DVRs will be available, eventually, but almost certainly at a premium.

I have 2 HD DVRs now, and am seriously considering getting rid of 1 soon, as well as dumping a few things in my 'package', and if the savings are enough, adding the next higher tier of internet service.

Newcomer
ThyGamer

TWC Just upgraded their internet tier speeds without making it more money, definitely worth it!
Established Sharer
Satch

DaKat wrote:

TWC has a habit of advertising stuff BEFORE it's ready to deploy,

AND also has occasionally changed things for the better WITHOUT telling us (it's customers) that it's available !!

The new DVRs will be available, eventually, but almost certainly at a premium.

I have 2 HD DVRs now, and am seriously considering getting rid of 1 soon, as well as dumping a few things in my 'package', and if the savings are enough, adding the next higher tier of internet service.

My take is the following:

TWC marketing was lax on that ad.  There are NO four tuner DVR's for TWC subs at this time.  All Whole Home Programs, including Signature Home DVR's only have the two-tuner boxes.  You can order non-DVR terminals to compliment the Whole Home Experience.  But for four tuners, you would need two DVR's.

I can share some inside information that the new DVR models have been in testing since late 2010.  Local division management will be making the call on their testing and implementation per individual market.  The biggest possibility is that new customers MIGHT get the newer boxes as part a promotional package.  After the promotion package, and for existing customers, the multi-tuner boxes will run about $10 more per month.  For Whole Home and Signature Home Subs, everyone will get the newer multi-tuner boxes when available in their local division.  Until that time, all boxes remain with only two tuners.

Satch

Spectator
shel0bell

I'm in the Dallas area too. I saw that commercial and pretty much called about the 'new' DVR as soon as I remembered to. Now I talked to a customer service representative got a new promotion deal and asked to add on those new DVRs and trade out my old ones and I thought all was good when I hung up the phone. So when they came out to install the new items, I got a whole house dvr and the guy had no other boxes...I told him what the deal was and how I ordered the new boxes that can record up to 4 shows and blah blah blah and he puts me on the phone with someone who tells me that the boxes that are capable of that are the Whole House DVRs so I ended up getting 2 of those. Welp....as we all know things don't go over smoothly with time warner, so turns out those boxes are NOT capable of recording up to 4 things, it's just the normal. So now I have 2 Whole House DVRs and I'm paying $8 extra for it. Apparently they are working on the 'new' DVR boxes that can record up to 4 shows and watch something and they do not know when they will be released. My thought...why do they even put the commercials out if they don't even have the product available? Yep...I'm the sucker that fell for it and believed the non-sense that the customer service reps spit out their mouth! UGH!