RC122 remote powing all devices

I recently exchanged the remote for my cable box and was given an RC122 remote,

The remote I had previously was configured to sequentially power on/off all devices that were configured (cable, TV, etc).with one press on the power button.

This new remote doesn't appear to be capable of doing that same function. At least, I have not been able to find any documentation on how to accomplish that configuration.

Am I correct in assuming this remote can't do it? Or, can someone point me to where I can find instructions to configure that functionality?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: RC122 remote powing all devices

Hello Robert,

Instructions for programing your remote can be found here:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/program-your-remote.html

Hope this helps!

Satch

PS.  Robert, I don't see your model of remote on that page.  I Googled your remote model number, for TWC and got the information below:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/pyr/twc-philips-remote.html

I have looked at both of those links. The first is the begining page for programing the devices. Not a problem, the devices are programed fine and work OK

The second is just a PDF copy of the same pamphlet that comes with the remote. It does not include what I am looking for.

I want to be able to press the power button once and the remote will sequentially power all configured devices on or off. Just loke I was able to do with my previous remote.

I am going to try and find the instruction pages for the old remote to see if the new one will accept the same configurations steps. I will post back with my results.

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

RobertEMcDonald wrote:

I have looked at both of those links. The first is the begining page for programing the devices. Not a problem, the devices are programed fine and work OK

The second is just a PDF copy of the same pamphlet that comes with the remote. It does not include what I am looking for.

I want to be able to press the power button once and the remote will sequentially power all configured devices on or off. Just loke I was able to do with my previous remote.

I am going to try and find the instruction pages for the old remote to see if the new one will accept the same configurations steps. I will post back with my results.

I got it now,

You want some kind of "Hot Key" that you can press that turns everything on and off all at once.  I know some of the remotes have this and the keys can be programed in this regard.  A tech might want to investigate the RC-122 and reply in this thread with the necessary code steps. 

The All Power can be set to turn on your TV and cable box simultaneously, but you want to be able to turn everything connected on and off connected to your audio/video system with a single press of a programed key.

Satch

Valued Contributor

Turn Multiple Devices On/Off:

1. To control power for the TV and the set-top box at the same time:

2. Press and hold SELECT and CBL until all mode buttons blink twice.
3. Press 9 9 8. (The CBL key blinks twice.)
4. Press TV. (The CBL key blinks twice.)
5. Press CBL. (The CBL key blinks twice.)
6. Repeat step 4 for any additional devices.
7. Press SELECT. (All mode keys blink three times.)

All devices set should now power on and off with one button press!

Everyone's Tags (1)
Newcomer

I tried those instructions to power all devices but still doesn't work. Anny ideas?

Rookie

Worked for me!  Thanks.