Newcomer

Programming the RC122 to a Polk audio SB1 sound bar

Does anyone know the remote code for a polk audio sb1 plus sound bar? I tried auto program and every poll code in the book and nothing works. However there are no sound bar codes listed.
Thanks
5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Programming the RC122 to a Polk audio SB1 sound bar

[ Edited ]

It's because you use either it's own remote or  ARC control from your TV via it's hdmi ARC port.

If your tv is old it won't have an arc connection, all new large sets have them, they usually need to be activated in the menue.  Some have an HDMI in and out and are controlled via ARC in the newer cable boxes.

What TV model?

What cable box/dvr model?

Any Blu ray device ?

Are you using decent V1.4 HDMI cables?

Is this an old SB 1 or the newer SB 1 Plus?

Are you trying to use bluetooth?

Newcomer

Hmm ok, I am not familiar with Arc. It is about 10yr old plasma Samsung. I can get the model I have to pull it out. I tried the tv remote to learn to the sb1 and that didn't work. I actually tried my 1 year old Samsung 4K to program to sb1 and thy didn't work either. The interesting thing is the new tv remote controls my old tv too.
Expert

Does it have an hdmi in and out port?  Photos of the SB1 don't show the I/o panel...

your old plasma won't work... , to use it's volume control you need to either use it's vairable audio output or earphone jack.

I doubt it has coaxial or optical audio outputs...

Newcomer

I don't understand I am trying to program my remote to control the sb1
Expert

You won't, You need to either use ARC on HDMI  out of the cable box or DVR and to set the cable box to variable audio out and change the remote from TV volume to Cable box volume control.. Audio should be in sync if you're using a compoonent connection and use the r/w RCA jacks on the box. Or use the optical/coax audio connection.

You either get hdmi's ARC option to work (only a couple boxes support it) or use variable audio out of the cable box. Or use the TV's variable audio out or headphone jack. Optical or Coaxial audio might not be variable. You need to go into the boxes audio setup to change "fixed to Variable" If the TV also has a blu ray connected, you have to use the tv's variable output. However I doubt the rc122 can change the old tv's inputs...