Rookie

Program reminders

Did not upgrade any equipment, just got the new guide upgrade. Does anyone else find that setting a reminder is a pain in the butt compared to the old guide. I used to select a progam n the future and the drop down menu would ask me what I wanted to do. Now I have to go into settings and diddle around to find reminders and remember what channel at what time I want the reminder for. Nice upgrade Spectrum.

7 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Program reminders

geek01 wrote:

Did not upgrade any equipment, just got the new guide upgrade. Does anyone else find that setting a reminder is a pain in the butt compared to the old guide. I used to select a progam n the future and the drop down menu would ask me what I wanted to do. Now I have to go into settings and diddle around to find reminders and remember what channel at what time I want the reminder for. Nice upgrade Spectrum.

Hi Geek,

Where are you located, and what is the make and model of your box?  Do you have a DVR?

Satch

Rookie

I am in San Diego, my dvr is an Arris DCX3600-M. 

Trusted Helper

geek01 wrote:

I am in San Diego, my dvr is an Arris DCX3600-M. 

I haven't gotten the update yet on Cisco box in Wisconsin?

I know you can use the Time Grid to set a Reminder, but is there a way to select a show from a search and do a reminder that way?  It seems there should be something there.  I wind up just recording what I want to see, rather than set a reminder.  I will check today and see if there is an easier way to set up reminders.

Satch

Rookie

That is the problem. I was on the phone with tech support and they could not find the direct method of reminding.

Trusted Helper

geek01 wrote:

That is the problem. I was on the phone with tech support and they could not find the direct method of reminding.

Hi Geek,

Although I don't have the update to The Guide with the new Quick Menu and Recently Viewed Options yet, I checked on Program Reminders.  For my version of The Guide, they can only be set through the Time Grid from what I can see.  You can request that Set Reminders be added to Search Screen Program option results in a future update to The Guide, by making a topic in the "Product Feedback Suggestion Forum" here:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Product-Feedback-and-Suggestions/bd-p/HSD

I will support such an update and think that it would be a great feature!

Satch

Browser

On my box it got hidden in the Timers section of the main menu.

The took a simple function and made it difficult to access.

Newcomer

The process of setting the reminder by using TIMERS rather then using the porgam guide is really a poor process.   IF this cannot be changed I may just change my provider, I've just moved and Armstrong had it on the Menu, and so did TWC, before changing to Spectrum.  GET with it !   GET the REMINDER back to the GUIDE