Newcomer

Problem With DVR Guide Not Updating

[ Edited ]

After swithcing from Time Warner to Spectrum a little over a month ago, my Cisco DVR guide does not update automatically like it did before the change. Every Sunday at 8:00 pm, all channels was going to NOT AVAILABLE. a reboot would solve the problem....until the following Sunday. I spoke to a tech on 9-17-17 who sent new signals and had me reboot the box. After doing that, the guide displayed shows for 14 days. I looked tonight (9-25-17) and it only displayed for the next 7 day before the NOT AVAILABLE was displayed at 8 pm Sunday Oct 1, 17. Spoke to another tech who resent signals and I am back to displaying for 14 days.  The guide is suppose to update every 24-48 hours and extend the guide by 1 or 2 days from what the last tech told me.

SO.....My question is... Why is the DVR guide NOT updating without having to reboot it?

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Problem With DVR Guide Not Updating

Hectic wrote:

After swithcing from Time Warner to Spectrum a little over a month ago, my Cisco DVR guide does not update automatically like it did before the change. Every Sunday at 8:00 pm, all channels was going to NOT AVAILABLE. a reboot would solve the problem....until the following Sunday. I spoke to a tech on 9-17-17 who sent new signals and had me reboot the box. After doing that, the guide displayed shows for 14 days. I looked tonight (9-25-17) and it only displayed for the next 7 day before the NOT AVAILABLE was displayed at 8 pm Sunday Oct 1, 17. Spoke to another tech who resent signals and I am back to displaying for 14 days.  The guide is suppose to update every 24-48 hours and extend the guide by 1 or 2 days from what the last tech told me.

SO.....My question is... Why is the DVR guide NOT updating without having to reboot it?

Greetings,

Excessive rebooting can be trying on the box.  What is the model of this cable box? Try a week without rebooting the box to see if that solves the issue on its own.  If the issue still persists after next Monday, schedule a signal and drop-line test.  AVOID RESETTING YOUR BOXES, MODEMS, OR ROUTERS FOR AT LEAST SIX HOURS.  The error codes need to be read by the tech and resetting the equipment puts the error codes back to zero.  If your signals and line are good, further investigation may be needed.  Please note:

1.) Swapped boxes won't solve bad signals or line problems.

2.) Swapped boxes may only go out with 2 days of guide data until communication is full with the servers.  Search and Caller ID on TV (For Phone Service) may take 24 hours to activate.

3.) Remote and mobile services may take between 48-72 hours to activate on new boxes.

Satch

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I was told by a phone tech last week and the online tech last night that it sounded like the box was going bad and recommended to switch the DVR at the store. So I took it down today and the rep at the store says this is a current issue with MOST of the DVRs and they are aware of the issue that has been ongoing for a couple of months now for those that switched from Time Warner to Spectrum. She said it is a compatibility issue and they have been working on a fix since so many customers have started to report the issue over the past couple of weeks. She also said they are recommending that the customers reboot the DVRs manually once every 7-10 days until the issue is corrected. But there is not a current time frame for a fix.

I was told by the online and phone techs as well as the lady at the store, that it was NOT a bad or weak signal or the regular set top boxes would be experiencing the issue as well. They are not having an issue.

Trusted Helper

Hectic wrote:

I was told by a phone tech last week and the online tech last night that it sounded like the box was going bad and recommended to switch the DVR at the store. So I took it down today and the rep at the store says this is a current issue with MOST of the DVRs and they are aware of the issue that has been ongoing for a couple of months now for those that switched from Time Warner to Spectrum. She said it is a compatibility issue and they have been working on a fix since so many customers have started to report the issue over the past couple of weeks. She also said they are recommending that the customers reboot the DVRs manually once every 7-10 days until the issue is corrected. But there is not a current time frame for a fix.

I was told by the online and phone techs as well as the lady at the store, that it was NOT a bad or weak signal or the regular set top boxes would be experiencing the issue as well. They are not having an issue.

That could be a software issue.  Rebooting about once a week does seem like a temporary fix.  Another reason to stay with legacy billing if you can!  Thanks for this update.

Satch

Newcomer

Just to update again........It has now been 3 days since I took my DVR in to get a new one and was told the issue was not with my box. The day after, (Thursday) the box had not updated. It is now Saturday morning and I just checked and it has now updated for the next 14 days on its own.