Rookie

Power On Time Not Working

Before I switched my non-DVR cable box from older Samsung (that showed time / channel on front of device) to a new Spectrum Technicolor box (that does not show time / channel on front of device....I was able to set my device to come on at a specific time each weekday. It worked perfectly with Samsung box. After I hooked up new Spectrum box and went into the device options, I set it to power on Weekdays at 05:00am, and it NEVER EVER powers on.  Why even have a power on option if it’s not going to work. I have rebooted the device numerous times and it does not fix the issue. I had been using the power on option to augment my alarm clock so I can hear news/weather/traffic to gauge my morning drive across town. How can I get the power on option to work properly or am I just screwed because new equipment isn’t very good??

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: Power On Time Not Working

@Cexum wrote:

Before I switched my non-DVR cable box from older Samsung (that showed time / channel on front of device) to a new Spectrum Technicolor box (that does not show time / channel on front of device....I was able to set my device to come on at a specific time each weekday. It worked perfectly with Samsung box. After I hooked up new Spectrum box and went into the device options, I set it to power on Weekdays at 05:00am, and it NEVER EVER powers on.  Why even have a power on option if it’s not going to work. I have rebooted the device numerous times and it does not fix the issue. I had been using the power on option to augment my alarm clock so I can hear news/weather/traffic to gauge my morning drive across town. How can I get the power on option to work properly or am I just screwed because new equipment isn’t very good??

Hello,

The new Spectrum boxes called World Boxes have no clock, so they can't do a power time option at all.  The reason why that option is still in the menu is because the software has been programmed to work with several different makes and models of boxes.  Both standard boxes and DVR's.

Sorry, but your only option is to exchange that World Box, for a box with a clock.  You have a lot of options for news and weather.  When you wake up, put on a local news/weather station.  Bookmark weather and news local sites on your PC or app.  Get a clock radio for $20 and set it to wake you up to a 24 hour news/weather station each day.  Get an Alexa from Amazon and ask it for local news and weather each morning after hooking it up to the Internet.  Apps have alarm systems that can be programed to wake you up at specific times.

Having said all that, I know a lot of customers who hate not having clocks on the World Boxes.  But it sounds like you need a box with a clock.  Swap it out.

Satch