Highlighted
Newcomer

Porting Number to Spectrum

I have been trying to port my number from Windstream (old account) to Spectrum and you keep delaying the port. I have provided the information you requested the first time it was requested and now it has been entered 3 times incorrectly on your end and I have to wait an additional week for the process to happen. In total almost an entire month just to port a number.

You initially could not port the number because the name on the Windstream account did not match the new account name. It went from my wife's name to my name. I provided the information and you either had it incorrect on the work order or did not update it. Well it has been entered wrong 3 times and now it is considered a complex porting process and I have to wait another week before it is completed with no real explanation as to why. The technical support team has not been very helpful with the process other than telling me it was delayed and I have never received any communication from you for updates or changes in the schedule.  

This process should be done in less than 24 hours and here it is over a month after I started service with you.  Here is a quote from the FCC website: 

How long does the porting process last?

FCC rules require simple ports, which generally do not involve more than one line or more complex adjustments to telephone switching equipment, to be processed in one business day. You may be able to use your phone within a few hours for changes among wireless service providers. However, porting from wireline to wireless service may still take a few days.

This is clearly not the case in my situation and I am extremely disappointed that it is taking this long to complete!

2 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Porting Number to Spectrum

If they don't fix it soon, cotact the FCC complaint site. Good luck 

Expert

Re: Porting Number to Spectrum

Windstream is the competition and is throwing up roadblocks...

If they won't release the number, there's nothing TWC can do about obtaining it, you need to file with the FCC if that's the case.

Would also be nice if they'd allow ADSL competition in (but won't because all their spare pairs are bad) or offer something faster than 3 or 6 meg service....