Poor call quality to India

[ Edited ]

I just got the time warner phone service because of the unbeatable price of $10/month. I switched from another popular VOIP provider. I am very disappointed with the call quality.

The calls I make within the U.S are fine. However, every time I make a call to India, neither party can hear properly. The volume is too low. I feel like the other person is talking from a well or something.

Additionally, the caller ID in India does not show my U.S home no. In stead, it shows a India phone number or another overseas no (Brazil or something)

I contacted time warner support and did not get a good anwer. The tech said basically thats how it will work..which was absurd!!!

I did the modem reset and all that stuff, nothing helped!

Can anyone help me? If these 2 issues are not resolved, I am thinkin of switching back to my old provider. I don't mind paying a little more, but I want a good service!

8 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Poor call quality to India

The CallerID shows a non-US number when you makes calls within the US? Or is it only to calls you make to India? Are you calling Landline or Mobile numbers or both? Has there been ANY calls to India that sounded good?

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Newcomer

I have the same problem with poor quality. Volume is too low on both sides and sometime there will be background noise also. I would say 99% calls have this problem.

We can certainly look into the call quality issues for you.  For the caller ID issue, unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that the caller ID will display correctly on the receiving end as the receiving party's phone provider is ultimately responsible for what is displayed on their customers caller ID. 

Please send us a private message by clicking on this link and sending over your account information so that we can look into this for you.

Newcomer

I have the same issues too and even created a ticket with TWC but no one ever contact me for more than 15 days. I thinking of going ahead and cancelling this service, the money saved is so not worth it. 

Newcomer

I have the same issue.. quality is so bad most of the time and the other end receiving some different india local number instead of my number.. 

Shs
Newcomer

My call quality is also very bad especially with the phone2go app
Newcomer

I have been using VOIP for last 10+ years...TWC phone app  is the worst of all

Newcomer

called at least 5 or 6 times to technical support line...but no help