Highlighted
Participant

Only 1 Store!

Took me about 10 different site selections before I finally found out where to get on the forum and then I have to sign on again, again as I navigate. 

I was trying to post a topic and found that difficult. Clicked on Start a new topic and nothing happened. So here is my issue and I am probably not in correct forum - its about the one and only STORE for Spectrum. I have a defective Technicolor HD Digital box that I needed to replace. Went to Okatie location and found it shut down. 

For us folks off island, traveling 15 miles to the Hilton Head store just to swap a digital box is not my idea on how to spend a day. We need the local Okatie store back for routine equipment swaps.

7 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Only 1 Store!

I feel your pain, simply becuase my local store is only open during normal business hours, and since I have a job, that means I need to take time off to visit a store.  I wish my local store had Saturday hours (others do, mine does not).

I am sure they have the data to back up the decision to close the store.  There simply wasn't enough foot traffic to make it worth while to keep the store open.

Helper

This may not be ideal, but your other options are to contact customer service and arrange shipping of your old box and receipt of a replacement box via UPS or FedEx (whatever carrier Spectrum uses) or have a tech visit scheduled to bring you a replacement.

Community Manager

@jhiller5

Thanks for the feeback about your local, we will pass it along.  As @reds91185 pointed out, you can contact customer care and arrange to have a technician come out and swap the equipment.  The advantage is that they will also check signal levels and connections.  

Participant

Went through this when they eliminated the stand alone in my county. That left only the one in a mall. An extremely very busy mall, where parking was limited. They have in the last year moved across that mall to a little strip area mall. But still the same hours. Problem with them mailing you the equipment(which we did). You have to mail back your old equipment. Which means going to the place(Fedex, UPS, etc) to mail it back, which for me have just as bad of hours.   

Established Sharer

There's no arguing that it is a **** to have to drive to a UPS or FedEx location to return the old defective equipment.  Both of those delivery services WILL pick up the box from your home IF the recipient pays the pickup charge.  Maybe USPS also can do that, but I'm not aware of it.

If Spectrum ts serious about earning a better customer reputation, they would offer a prepaid pickup label service for exchanging equipment, similar to L.L.Bean and several other internet-order retailers.  It's MUCH cheaper than staffing a retail storefront to handle customer returns of equipment, and better organized as well.  

Participant

I was told to swap the box by tech support. I already have a tech scheduled but if swapping the box resolved the issue - no OnDemand, no search, etc., then perhaps I would be able to cancel the service call. I will get tech support to make a note in my ticket to make sure they bring a replacement Technicolor HD box with them when they come to avoid any further delays. 

Helper

You can try to have them make a note for a specific box but there is no guarantee it will happen.  Most techs don't see their tickets until the day of the appointment (usually not until they are on their way to your house). Generally they have a truck full of equipment and you get whatever they happen to have on hand.