Not applicable

Ocap

So for the past week I’m trying to get assistance because both my cable boxes say ocap  so after making several trips back and forth while working 2 jobs I’m told that I would be all set today surprise surprise same problem so I call up and they have me unplug and plug back in nothing so I’m promised a technician to come over so at 6 I get a text saying that they are on the way well 7 rolls around and nothing so I chat online and was told he will be here well 8 rolls around and I’m **** so I call and was told that they have no records of any calls somebody please help cause obviously spectrum just wants my money with no tv services 

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: Ocap

@Pikesauto wrote:

So for the past week I’m trying to get assistance because both my cable boxes say ocap  so after making several trips back and forth while working 2 jobs I’m told that I would be all set today surprise surprise same problem so I call up and they have me unplug and plug back in nothing so I’m promised a technician to come over so at 6 I get a text saying that they are on the way well 7 rolls around and nothing so I chat online and was told he will be here well 8 rolls around and I’m pissed so I call and was told that they have no records of any calls somebody please help cause obviously spectrum just wants my money with no tv services 

Hello,

This sounds like a bad box.  I think what is happening with the calls is that you are missing the confirmation call.  The customer must be homr to answer the phone when the tech says he's on his way.  If your appointment is for example between 1-2, you must be home and you must make sure you answer  the phone to complete the confirmation call.  If it goes to your answering machine or voicemail, they reserve the right to cancel the appointment.  Company policy says that someone has to be home and at least 18 years old, (so that they can sign contracts and work orders.) 

However, if you ARE home and answering the confirmation call, that is not good on the part of Spectrum.  By the way, have you tried a cold reboot of the box?  Power off your TV, power off the box, unplug the box for five minutes, than plug the box back in, allowing it up to 20 minutes to reboot and see what happens.  Post back and let us know what happens.

Satch