Re: ON DEMAND UNAVAILABLE

My on demand gave the error message when I hit stop after the movie was over. Maybe an hour later, I was able to get another movie on Showtime on demand. I shut it off when I had to leave for the day. I got home around 11pm and was able to access on demand with no problems. It's still working now at almost 4am. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MAYBE the problems are corrected. Thank you to Satch and Ms Raye for all the help and suggestions. Of course, you'll see me on here whining again if the error message HL1000 returns!

HL1000 error message has been here all day today. Oh well. That was short lived. ; (
Newcomer

This thread is very similary to the issue i have. Trouble started with the switch to specturm a little over a month ago. Movies on demand does not work, at access point I continually get ERROR HL1000 and currently unavailable messages....my location is cincinnati. have made numberous calls to customer service and they act like I am the only subscriber with this issue.

Actually had a service call cancelled when a tech support person called ahead of the home tech visit and said it was a system/signal issue and changing the box would not help.

Expert

[ Edited ]

You may indeed have a signal level issue. Copy and paste your modems signal level and error log pages, don't reset it, need to see real history.

Then nold in the remores select button for 10 seconds and hit the up arrow. What are the IB level/ s/n/ freq when you finally get an on dem,and ch to run as well as the OOB tx/ rx freq's and levels.

[ Edited ]
Hi MW45140...Here is what the tech did when he was here: Turn on a program that is able to be restarted and watch it for a few minutes. Then hit start over and watch it for a few minutes after it's been restarted. Then hit your on demand button or go into on demand however you usually get there. This usually will make the error message go away. If not, repeat the whole process over and over until it does. I remember feeling like I was in Groundhog's Day because we watched the beginning of General Hospital so many times. The tech said there was a fix in place and that was the way they discovered to get it to go. Hopefully this will help.