ON DEMAND UNAVAILABLE

In zip code 91042, I'm still having problems with on demand unavailable error message HL1000. I am only able to access it for maybe an hour or two before it gives the error message, sometimes in the middle of watching a program. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks. I was told it was intermittent and would be resolved, but how long must I wait? You can only credit my bill so much, but I really feel I am not receiving full use of my services, which I am paying over $100.00 a month for. I used to be able to watch on demand for hours at a time with no issues. What gives? I feel gypped.
11 REPLIES
Expert

Re: ON DEMAND UNAVAILABLE

you probably have a signal issue. Copy and paste the modems signal level page and where it is splitterwise from the cable box.

Then hold in the select button for 10 seconds, hit the up arrow. What is the OOB tx level?

I have rebooted my box countless times to no avail. I also had a service tech out last Saturday. He replaced all my indoor connections and the connection outside. He said this is a problem with Spectrum/TWC, not with my equipment.
Trusted Helper

BubbaSmiley wrote:
I have rebooted my box countless times to no avail. I also had a service tech out last Saturday. He replaced all my indoor connections and the connection outside. He said this is a problem with Spectrum/TWC, not with my equipment.

Hi Bubba,

Post your signal levels if you can.  Don't reset your equipment, (no rebooting of the cable box or cable modem)  that will clear the error codes.  Poor On-Demand connection is rarely the result of a bad box.  I assume the tech replaced your drop line?

Keep calling and getting credit.  If your neighbors have Spectrum and six or more people call in the same area, they will send auto dispatch.  You might have ingress (noise) coming in from the main junction box on your street.  When you contact Spectrum this time, say that the tech came out, replaced the lines, and you are still having problems with VOD service.  Give the error code and ask the rep to open up a support ticket for your area.  This needs to be escalated to level 3 tier support.  Please keep us posted.

The mods here at the forum may also request that you contact their support team directly.

Satch

Expert

[ Edited ]

need to see the levels and history at the modem... and what's at the cable box. Sluggish On demand and SDV channels are usually signal issues.

The techs are told not to tell the truth... Could be overloaded servers, copy and paste a tracert to watch.spectrum.net during prime time and then when on demand is working well to see if there's differences.

I called and did exactly what Satch said to do. The rep kept wanting to send a service tech out and when I told her to escalate it and open a report for my area, she gave up and said she would escalate it. We'll see if anything happens as a result. In the meantime, I can only watch live TV. No on demand. Oh...and she had the nerve to say that since on demand was a complimentary service, there was no way she could give me credit for it not working. I reminded her that I wouldn't have on demand if I wasn't paying monthly charges for the service, so it's not exactly complimentary. I have had cable service since 1995, back when it was still Comcast and then Time Warner. Problems started when Spectrum came into the picture.

[ Edited ]
I don't have a modem, so your reply confused me, but thank you for trying to help, Ms Raye.
Trusted Helper

[ Edited ]

BubbaSmiley wrote:
I called and did exactly what Satch said to do. The rep kept wanting to send a service tech out and when I told her to escalate it and open a report for my area, she gave up and said she would escalate it. We'll see if anything happens as a result. In the meantime, I can only watch live TV. No on demand. Oh...and she had the nerve to say that since on demand was a complimentary service, there was no way she could give me credit for it not working. I reminded her that I wouldn't have on demand if I wasn't paying monthly charges for the service, so it's not exactly complimentary. I have had cable service since 1995, back when it was still Comcast and then Time Warner. Problems started when Spectrum came into the picture.

Bubba,

What city are you in and what is your zip code?  Maybe with this information, a mod might be able to assist directly on the forum.  What needs to be found out is whether or not your loss of On Demand Services for the past several weeks is a widespread issue, or an issue related to your account/equipment.

It sounds like you were treated very rudely by the phone rep.

Satch

[ Edited ]
I think I tried to reply to Satch without signing in, so if this is repetitious, I apologize.
The rep I spoke to wasn't rude, maybe just a little frazzled and clueless.
I am in Tujunga, CA 91042. I changed out my cable box in late 2016 for a Samsung. I suddenly started having problems with on demand at the end of March. A service tech came out on April Fool's Day and replaced my drop line and inside connections. I had on demand for maybe 5 hours that day, which was the longest I was able to watch it since the HL1000 error messages started. Since the tech said there would be intermittent problems, I didn't think too much about it, especially since I overheard him talking with his supervisor who was surprised he had gotten on demand to work. I was able to watch for about 3 hours last night, then it shut off. I have an on demand movie on right now on HBO just to see how long it lasts. It's about 8:30AM. I don't have internet, just cable with HBO and Showtime.
Trusted Helper

BubbaSmiley wrote:
I think I tried to reply to Satch without signing in, so if this is repetitious, I apologize.
The rep I spoke to wasn't rude, maybe just a little frazzled and clueless.
I am in Tujunga, CA 91042. I changed out my cable box in late 2016 for a Samsung. I suddenly started having problems with on demand at the end of March. A service tech came out on April Fool's Day and replaced my drop line and inside connections. I had on demand for maybe 5 hours that day, which was the longest I was able to watch it since the HL1000 error messages started. Since the tech said there would be intermittent problems, I didn't think too much about it, especially since I overheard him talking with his supervisor who was surprised he had gotten on demand to work. I was able to watch for about 3 hours last night, then it shut off. I have an on demand movie on right now on HBO just to see how long it lasts. It's about 8:30AM. I don't have internet, just cable with HBO and Showtime.
Thanks for the updated information,
Let us know how long the On Demand stays on.  Hope this is fixed!
Satch