Not getting all channels

I have a Technicolor HD: Spectrum 101-T. I subscribe to HBO but cannot get the channels on this box.
8 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Not getting all channels

Heinzpickle57 wrote:
I have a Technicolor HD: Spectrum 101-T. I subscribe to HBO but cannot get the channels on this box.

Hi,

We need more information to assist:

1.) Are you on a TWC lineup or Spectrum Line up,?

2.) What is your package level to which you are subscribed?  For example, legacy TWC has service levels such as Preffered TV and Variety Pass.  Spectrum has Spectrum Select, Silver, and Gold Packages.

3.) If you have only TWC Starter TV or Spectrum Select for your services.  Channels will be limited.  You would need to have the following to get most of the channels:

1.) TWC Preffered TV or Variety Pass OR

2.) Spectrum Digipack 1 and 2.  (Includes all the channels in Spectrum Silver and Spectrum Gold,  No premium movie channels.)

3.) Spectrum Silver includes about 175+ channels PLUS HBO, Showtime, and Cinamax

4.) Spectrum Gold.  Includes all the channels in Spectrum Silver plus additional premium movie channels.  (Encore, Starz.) Everything 200+ channels.

5.) TWC packages in #1 are for grandfather-claused legacy TWC customers only.  New customers must  take Digi Pack 1, or Digi Pack 2 or combine both, or a Spectrum Package.  Spectrum Select (I think about 75+ channels), Spectrum Silver (175+ channels) or Spectrum Gold. (200+channels.)

Review your statement to see what services you have.  Post back.  For more information about Spectrum Services, vist Spectrum's website, and enter your zip code for the channels and packages in your area.  You can also contact them on Facebook, or Twitter, or call them for questions or upgrades.  We need to know your service level/package level first.

Satch

Established Sharer

Hey, Satch, he might be in an area that is dropping all analog and shifting to fully encrypted QAM digital.  If that's the case all legacy set-top boxes, direct connected TVs, and DTAs will no longer decode a signal.  Nobody sees nuthin' without a new digital 2-way STB. 

Trusted Helper

karlbeckman wrote:

Hey, Satch, he might be in an area that is dropping all analog and shifting to fully encrypted QAM digital.  If that's the case all legacy set-top boxes, direct connected TVs, and DTAs will no longer decode a signal.  Nobody sees nuthin' without a new digital 2-way STB. 

Yes!  Thank you.

OP will need to provide service or package level through TWC/Spectrum and will need one of their boxes or DVR's.

Satch

Expert

If not a new pole to box install, may have single channel traps, block filters in line removing some channels, or there could be excessive splitter loss, open ports, damaged coax, loose corroded connectors, etc.

if one has internet and TV, post the modems signal level and error log pages and if it's on the same 2way splitter as the cable box.

Can you go to that channel? What exact message do you get?

Not subscribed, call Spectrum to add?

Channel not currently available, Try later?

Trusted Helper

MsRaye wrote:

If not a new pole to box install, may have single channel traps, block filters in line removing some channels, or there could be excessive splitter loss, open ports, damaged coax, loose corroded connectors, etc.

if one has internet and TV, post the modems signal level and error log pages and if it's on the same 2way splitter as the cable box.

Can you go to that channel? What exact message do you get?

Not subscribed, call Spectrum to add?

Channel not currently available, Try later?

Yes,

That could all be true, but we should wait for a response from the OP to see his service/package level to which he is subscribed.  If not subscribed, he won't get the channels no matter how good his lines, boxes, or connections are.

Satch

I get all other channels just not the HBO that I do subscribe to already. I get the message to subscribe call today. Still getting the HBO channel on the box I needed when I started with TWC for my digital cable and DVR service. This digital conversion with spectrum is the reason for this new box.
Trusted Helper

Heinzpickle57 wrote:
I get all other channels just not the HBO that I do subscribe to already. I get the message to subscribe call today. Still getting the HBO channel on the box I needed when I started with TWC for my digital cable and DVR service. This digital conversion with spectrum is the reason for this new box.

Thanks for the reply.

What is the level of service or package level that shows on your statement?  If I am reading right you have HBO on one box but not the other.  What is the problem?  Is that you are not getting HBO on the second box?  If you have two boxes associated with the same account and package level, you should be getting the same services on each one.

Satch

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Hi!

If you are getting it on other equipment but not that box we just need to 

add the code to the box. 

Give us a call and we can get the permission added to the equipment. 

1-800-892-4357

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums