Newcomer

No remote control.

Was I suppose to receive a Universal M2057 remote control with my new DVR cable box? Only received a shrink wrapped DVR. Thought the remote was in the same box as the power supply. Nothing noted on the receipt about receiving one. That's pretty obviously a need with a NEW DVR Setup.... Or am I assuming too much?

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: No remote control.

@casualrn wrote:

Was I suppose to receive a Universal M2057 remote control with my new DVR cable box? Only received a shrink wrapped DVR. Thought the remote was in the same box as the power supply. Nothing noted on the receipt about receiving one. That's pretty obviously a need with a NEW DVR Setup.... Or am I assuming too much?

Hello,

Do you have a Spectrum/TWC remote that you can use now?  If not and you are near a Spectrum store, you can go there, and they will give you  a remote control.  Customers who have old remotes, you can take them in to exchange them.  You won't be able to request a specific model.  Or you can call Spectrum and order a remote by phone:

When you get your remote, you will need to program it to control at the very least the On/Off functions and volume control of your TV.  Here is the site for finding the make and model of the remote control when you get one to program it:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/program-your-remote.html

Satch