No More HL1000

Another service call today. The tech checked the neighborhood junction box, which was good. My cable box wasn't showing up on his laptop so he replaced it. There was an update to make the HL1000 stop happening on the on demand. After that, everything was fine. He said the error message should be gone for good now. Yea! Hazzah hazzah!
2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: No More HL1000

BubbaSmiley wrote:
Another service call today. The tech checked the neighborhood junction box, which was good. My cable box wasn't showing up on his laptop so he replaced it. There was an update to make the HL1000 stop happening on the on demand. After that, everything was fine. He said the error message should be gone for good now. Yea! Hazzah hazzah!

Great Bubba!

What did the tech think was the cause of this?  Those first techs should have gotten this right much earlier when they were dispatched to your place to fix this.  What box did he give you?

Satch

Highlighted

Re: No More HL1000

I now have a Motorola. It's much smaller than the Samsung I had. I think the first tech didn't replace it because I hadn't had it very long and he got the on demand to work before he left. I'm not mad at him. The tech today said maybe it went bad. He did have to jump through some hoops to get the update to work on the new box before the on demand would come back. I kept saying, "Is it really gonna stay this time?" I was stupidly stressed out about this. I'm glad it's working again. HALLELUIA.