Highlighted
Not applicable

New guide and the info button gives us less

I haven't decided if I like the new guide yet. Before I could get to everything from the left panel choices... network, premium, etc.. and now i have to go to the proper channel to find something like paramount network on demand (it's on channel 1003 instead of everything being found on 1001). I wait on judgement on that change. What I found irritating was when I opened the channel guide and scrolled to show. If I hit the info button much less info is now available. Take an old episode of Perry Mason. For a long time info has shown that I'm watching Season 3 episode 22. That's now gone from every tv show and i found it very useful. Why on earth would that be removed so you give us less info than before?

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: New guide and the info button gives us less

@RandyS wrote:

I haven't decided if I like the new guide yet. Before I could get to everything from the left panel choices... network, premium, etc.. and now i have to go to the proper channel to find something like paramount network on demand (it's on channel 1003 instead of everything being found on 1001). I wait on judgement on that change. What I found irritating was when I opened the channel guide and scrolled to show. If I hit the info button much less info is now available. Take an old episode of Perry Mason. For a long time info has shown that I'm watching Season 3 episode 22. That's now gone from every tv show and i found it very useful. Why on earth would that be removed so you give us less info than before?

Hi Randy,

Some questions in order to help.  Where are you located?  City, State, and Zip.  What is the make and model of your cable box?  Is it a new box with a new guide?  Or where you updated overnight to this new guide?

Satch

Not applicable

San Fernando Valley, 91304. Updated overnight to the new guide. Two cisco 4742HDC PROD  cable boxes. The other item is that before, in the guide,  i would scroll through programs, click on info for Perry Mason, and at 11:30pm it would show the episode info (episode #, detailed description, original airdate) and on the left side I could click something that would show me future episodes for the next week or so. Now I can't do that, so spectrum has gone backwards in what it shows us. The only way to look up future episodes is to type in Perry Mason in search... a heck of a lot more inconvenient.

Trusted Helper

Thanks Randy,

I have not gotten that update yet.  But with the information that you provided, that does suck that this info was removed.  Do you still have the Cover Art and Graphics?  I ask this because on the 17th, we had a failed update in Wisconsin and the box reverted back to the Basic guide that was on the old SA model boxes: (SA-8300 models)

• The Feature Tour Setting was gone when I turned on the TV
  • The Search Keyboard was Title Based only
  • No Cover Art For movies and Shows.

Here are some pictures of what I am talking about: I have a Cisco 9865 box in Brookfield, WI 53045

Simplified Navigator Search.jpegTheme Search.jpgTime-Warner-New-Navigator-Search1.jpg

I was able to get the advanced search features back by powering off the box, unplugging it for a minute, and plugging it back inm allowing it to reboot. Important, If these pictures do not apply to your situation, I probably would not reboot.  If the pictures above DO apply to your situation, I probably would reboot,

Can you provide a screen shot of what you see when Info is pressed twice after this update?  I want to see what may be forthcoming on my box.  Also, any other changes to the search? (What screen comes up when you press the B button to search?)  If you have DVR service, any changes to the DVR Manager List?  Do you still have Cover Art for Movies and Shows?

Satch

Not applicable

A solution. I unplugged/rebooted  the boxes and it didn't seem to work. But next time I unplugged from power AND I unplugged the cable and hdmi from the box... so everything. I waited 20 minutes. I replugged in everything and voila!!! I have my old guide info again. Woo Hoo. I had read somewhere that someone had luck with something similar with a complete unplug so i tried it myself.

Trusted Helper

@RandyS wrote:

A solution. I unplugged/rebooted  the boxes and it didn't seem to work. But next time I unplugged from power AND I unplugged the cable and hdmi from the box... so everything. I waited 20 minutes. I replugged in everything and voila!!! I have my old guide info again. Woo Hoo. I had read somewhere that someone had luck with something similar with a complete unplug so i tried it myself.

Hi Randy!

Glad we could help!  You should mark this issue as solved, so it goes into our database as a solution to help other users.

Satch