Participant

New Technicolor HD boxes

Any reason why we cannot get these new digital boxes with an available SD card slot? According the doc they support SD cards to allow added features while viewing TV.

4 REPLIES
Helper

Re: New Technicolor HD boxes

@jhiller5 wrote:

Any reason why we cannot get these new digital boxes with an available SD card slot? According the doc they support SD cards to allow added features while viewing TV.

Yes, because Spectrum has it disabled and isn't supporting any of these added features (same with most every cable company out there). Most content owners probably wouldn't be cool with people transferring recordings to a memory card.  I think those are really only meant to be used by techs and such for maintenance or programming.

Participant

I was thinking more about being able to pause a program and be able to jump to previous channel and have viewing data in buffer so you dont miss anything. That is what the 'manual' talked about.

Helper

@jhiller5 wrote:

I was thinking more about being able to pause a program and be able to jump to previous channel and have viewing data in buffer so you dont miss anything. That is what the 'manual' talked about.

So....a DVR?

Participant

I am not looking at using a more expensive second DVR. The Technicolor unit does support a card which allows pausing, etc., and that was all I was interested in. It will be interesting to see how much the current box will cost after the first year. Spectrum indicated possible additional costs for having these boxes in subsequent years, which are free for now.