New On Demand Channel Guide

Is there any way to switch the format for the Primetime On Demand channel guide back to the previous format?  The guide for Entertainment wasn't changed (thank goodness).  

Please help!

Thank you,

Lost in the Icons

5 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: New On Demand Channel Guide

@Melsbrat  Unsure quite what you are referring to. We do have a On Demand Portal channel

but you can also access the Primetime On Demand channel through the channel location. 

You can just hit the guide button 2x and select On Demand. The guide will then show you the On Demand channel options.

Once you are done remember to hit guide 2x again to go back to the view you prefer.

If you do not see Prime Time On Demand on those channels please let us know.

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

I understand how to access the chanel guide, it's the format that I don't like.  I would like to be able to see it in it's previous format.   Having to scroll through pictures is confusing and time consuming.  Is there any way to change it back to the tab format.  The "Entertainment on Demand" channel guide still has the old format if I'm not explaining this correctly.

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

I am sorry perhaps i am not explaining well. 

The On Demand Portal is the channel that shows the "Box Covers"

If you hit the guide 2x and select On Demand you will see the 

individual channels. You will see Primetime On Demand, Entertainment On Demand, 

Free Movies On Demand Etc. If you slect the channel Entertainment On Demand

you will get the listings like you used to. 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Participant

We just got the new Navigator software upgrade last night.  I hate the new format for Primetime On Demand listings.  I don't want all those pictures rolling off the right of my tv screen and now having to click and click and click and click and click just to get to the listing of the on demand content available for a specific program on a broadcast channel like CBS.  It is extremely time consuming and far better with the old Guide and just listings.

I called Oceanic TWC just now and spoke with a knowledgeable CSR.  She said some like the pictures and others find the new Guide for Primetime On Demand to be very slow and cumbersome to use and want to turn off the pictures and the numerous extra clicking involved.  She thought there might be a way to turn the pictures off and she tried several things but finally said we are stuck with the pictures and very poor way now to access Primetime On Demand content. 

She confirmed (as I noticed already and you did too) that it is ONLY Primetime On Demand that has these irritating changes.  Entertainment on Demand does not have these changes, however, it is worthless for accessing broadcast channels on demand content and you cannot access ABC, NBC, etc from Entertainment on Demand. 

Let's hope that a future tweak to the new Guide will allow us the choice of turning off the pictures for Primetime on Demand and allowing use of the old, much faster way of accessing the content.

Newcomer

I too HATE the new click on picture format. I know how to read and the click on pic method is too slow.