Newcomer

New Cable UI is Horrible

Our cable boxes updated a couple of nights ago to a new User Interface and if it was possible for Charters UI to get any worse it did! Can't find shows on demand, finding DVR'd shows takes much longer now that they aren't grouped in folders by show. Is there anyway to go back to the old interface?

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: New Cable UI is Horrible

@andrewmueller wrote:

Our cable boxes updated a couple of nights ago to a new User Interface and if it was possible for Charters UI to get any worse it did! Can't find shows on demand, finding DVR'd shows takes much longer now that they aren't grouped in folders by show. Is there anyway to go back to the old interface?

Hi Andrew,

Can you post for us some screen shots?  Different areas have different guides. Where are you located (City, State, and Zip.) This will help us determine the next step.

I am in Wisconsin, and on July 17th around 12:30am, which was a Tuesday, my box rebooted, and it went back to a program guide that was much more basic on the older boxes.  Tuesday mornings between 12am-5am are the times when Spectrum most often does network updates.  I lost the advanced search, cover art, Video On Demand, and the DVR management screens went back to the older guide.  A reboot of the box brought the new guide back.  My box is a Cisco 9865.

The newer guides and boxes are cloud-based, and sometimes when the network goes down after a failed software update, the boxes can revert back to the old guide menus.

I will be able to tell by looking at your screenshots if the same thing happened to you.  If that is the case, a reboot of the equipment should bring back the modern guide and search.  BUT, if your screen looks different in some other way, the reboot may not do anything.  I need to see the following:

• What your DVR Manager List looks like? (Press Your Remote's On Demand Button and capture that screen.)
  • What your search looks like?
  • What your Video on Demand looks like?

If you can, do screen captures of at least two of the three requests above.  Also, what is the make and model of your cable box?

Satch

Browser

i hate the way they have done the channels it's nonsense to me. i would really like it if they put the actual channel logo up instead of a bunch of letters that no one in there right mind can read and understand
Lead Moderator

Your DVR series should still be in folders grouped together. If yours are not there may

have been a problem with the update on the box.

First thing I would suggest is a cold reboot. Power off the box, unplug it for about a minute

and then plug it back in. If things still are not working properly it would be a good idea

to contact us for support on that.

Pictures would definitely help us identify the issue here if you are able to post one.

@gotto If your cable box is compatible you can use Spectrum TV app as a guide and change 

channels there. We do have the logo on the left side of the grid there.

You can contact our Social Media Care team at:
Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

i can't belive that there setting people up with just dual tuner DVR'S with no whole home service. i thought that was the standard 10 years ago. i would really love to see spectrum come out with a dvr that blows the compitition away. like being able to recrod 16 shows at once skipping through the ad's without have to sit there holding down the FF button being able to hookup bluetooth headphones would be nice to along with voice commands!!! and a UI that one can understand with the channel logo's up instead of a bunch of abreviations 

Browser

i have the old TWC 6 tuner DVR the one new subs arn't suppossed to get
Browser

to bad the spectrum app will only work on wifi and not cellular towers