Spectator

My tuning adapter will not turn on when I connect it to the power outlet.

8 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: My tuning adapter will not turn on when I connect it to the power outlet.

Good morning mr170253,

Which model of adapter are you referring to that you currently possess?

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.

Spectator

The model of the adapter that I posess is MTR700.

Established Sharer

The MTR700 unit was designed by Motorola over ten years ago for the FCC-mandated change of over-the-air broadcast TV from analog to digital.  Since there are only a few remaining Low Power TV translator stations that still broadcast in analog , it is obsolete.  It is NOT the type of converter box you need now to view encrypted digital TV programming being delivered over Spectrum's cable network.  The box you are seeking cannot be purchased through retail outlets. 

At least one other similar unit still appearing for sale on Amazon includes the following warninng note:

This converter box is designed to receive Over-The-Air signal, and it is not a replacement of cable box.  External Antenna is required to connect to this converter box in order to receive signal.  This product does NOT Work with TIVO and cable company such as Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Time Warner Cable, etc.  In general, this product does NOT work with encrypted cable signals. 

Spectrum Employee

Hello there,

Sorry to hear that the power is not working on your adapter.  I would recomme d swapping it at your local store. There is a store locator on the main spectrum.com website, near the bottom, right side.  

The adapter is there for the channels that are use Switched Digital Video technology, so without it, your cablecard device will have a reduced channel availability.

In the event that you can't visit the store, call into TV repair, and they can ship you a replacement, via FedEx, free of charge.

I wouldn't try any aftermarket power supply, as Spectrum has TA's for you to use with CableCard.  

Hope this helps!

Ry

Proven Sharer

Are you using a CableCard device like a TiVo? The MTR700 is used in combination with this to receive the full range of channels. If this is not your setup you have the wrong device.

If no lights come on when you plug it in you either have a defective power supply, defective unit, or defective outlet. If the unit itself or the power supply are defective, exchange it for a new one from your local Spectrum store. If the outlet is bad, you need an electrician.

Spectator

The tuning adapter and my cablecard device which is the ATI TV Wonder fail to turn on when I plug either one to a power outlet. I tried using diffrent outlets with no luck. I am thinking about getting a replacement tuning adapter, and getting a hd home run prime for about $88.88. I want to sell my TV to get enough money for the home run prime but I do not have the recepit or the box that it came in. Can I return the TV to walmart without the box or the reciept and get the money back? 

Proven Sharer

@mr170253wrote:

The tuning adapter and my cablecard device which is the ATI TV Wonder fail to turn on when I plug either one to a power outlet. I tried using diffrent outlets with no luck. I am thinking about getting a replacement tuning adapter, and getting a hd home run prime for about $88.88. I want to sell my TV to get enough money for the home run prime but I do not have the recepit or the box that it came in. Can I return the TV to walmart without the box or the reciept and get the money back? 

Did you have a power surge or a recent lightning storm? You may want to invest in a surge protector. As for Walmart...you'll have to ask them.

Highlighted
Spectator

There was no power surge or lightning storm in my area.