Rookie

My old Sanyo TV won't work w the new HOA account

Our HOA switched to a bulk account that is a digital signal and now my 2 Sanyo flat screen TV's don't work. They're about 15 years old. Can anyone tell me why?

5 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: My old Sanyo TV won't work w the new HOA account

When you say flat screen TV that is 15 years old, are they tube sets with a flat screen?  Or are they Plasma (thin) sets?

Multiuple issues may be impacting your reception:

1.  Your TV's tuner is analog only, and cannot tune digital signals.

2.  The signal being supplied to your home is encrypted, and you will need to rent equipment from the cable company in order to view video programming.

3.  Your TV's tuner CAN tune digital signals (QAM), but you haven't re-scanned since the switch.

If #1 or #2 are true, then you'll need to rent equipment.

If #3 is true, you can setup your TV to re-scan channels and hopefully your TV can pick up the channels that are being sent in the clear (Clear QAM).

What does your bulk deal get you channel-wise?

Spectrum Employee

Spectrum, formerly TWC as encrypted all its channels. You will need either a digital adapter or a cable box on every tv. One is to be provided with bulk agreement, and you can rent more, for additional tvs. Call and ask for bulk billing and they will tell you what level of service your community has chosen, and what additional options you can have.
Rookie

You are exactly right on all counts!  Thank you! One TV just needed to be rescanned for channels, one TV is older with an analog only tuner. Now I will call the HOA and see what kind of package we have. Wish me luck, they suck!

Boz
Sharer

@geokar1100wrote:

You are exactly right on all counts!  Thank you! One TV just needed to be rescanned for channels, one TV is older with an analog only tuner. Now I will call the HOA and see what kind of package we have. Wish me luck, they suck!

I think you're supposed to call Spectrum, not your HOA, "and ask for bulk billing and they will tell you what level of service your community has chosen, and what additional options you can have", based on what pastelero79 posted above.

Highlighted
Helper

@pastelero79wrote:
Spectrum, formerly TWC as encrypted all its channels. You will need either a digital adapter or a cable box on every tv. One is to be provided with bulk agreement, and you can rent more, for additional tvs. Call and ask for bulk billing and they will tell you what level of service your community has chosen, and what additional options you can have.

Not all areas are fully encrypted.